Adding photos to posts

Me too as this is by far the easiest site to upload a photo, one click, not sure how you make that easier? Many sites require a smaller size so you have to resize the photo.

1 Like

Yeah, I added a photo, finally!

6 Likes

I used a different browser. Now I can add a photo. TY for this suggestion.

2 Likes

Most people on this forum (it seems) have PCs and not Macs. So, I don’t know how useful this suggestion will be. But - I have found that if I email a photo to myself - (either from my phone or from my computer’s Apple Mail program) - I get to choose which size I want to send the photo. It ‘asks’ if I want to send Small/Medium/Large or Actual Size. And it tells you how many kbs or mbs the photo is at each ‘category’.
I don’t know if this helps - or if in other mail clients you will get the same choice. ?
Maybe this sounds like too much trouble, although it is far less trouble than fiddling with photos in Photoshop or other image editors.
Just for my convienience, I have a folder on my computer for ‘Small Photos’ - so that I can access them easily . . . but I find it very useful. Most of these photos get shared several times and it keeps me from having to redo the ‘shrinking’ process over and over!

3 Likes

I just tried the drag and drop, straight from an email. It worked fine! I am on a MacBookPro, and using Chrome browser. Very easy way, instead of searching through ‘Photos’ for an image.
But, the ‘upload’ button, in the menu, works great too.

@scottfsmith scottfsmith Just an aside . . . I was on the Houzz site and in the gardening section - and there you were too! So funny to ‘see a guy I don’t know - that I know’ on another site! Hope that makes sense!
There were some posts about pomegranates - and I was interested in hearing what those folks had to say.

Again - thanks for all you do in creating and maintaining this forum! - karen AKA KikiVA

3 Likes

Its the ghost of scottfsmith’s past over there, I stopped visiting some time ago. I hope Google eventually decides some posts are too old and stops pointing people to them, but since new followups get added they may never get the hint.

1 Like

Everyone here should stop by huzz about once a year just as a reminder of how much better this is. I went there accidentally a couple of weeks ago and couldn’t get backed out fast enough.

6 Likes

Derby42, Most posts seemed quite ancient! I wanted to respond to a couple . . . but what’s the use? The last time someone was there, was in 2015! @#$%T^YU&I*O!!!

3 Likes

I use Mac products. TY for the information.

2 Likes

@MikeC
Mike, Macs and PCs get along so much better than they ever did before, but sometimes there are situations that are really designed for use with a PC. This forum is tricky to ‘get the hang of’, when you are used to Apple ‘thinking’. (so much easier in most cases - the Apple way) And if you have a newer Mac - they’ve gotten so complicated, that sometimes I think I must be on a PC! But, there are multiple ways to work with photos. And you can find an easy one, that works for you.
I really find that for use in sharing on the web - like this situation - when you have a photo that you want to use - rename it and store it in a folder that you create on your desktop, called ‘Gardening’ or even named for this forum. It saves a LOT of time, in the long run. You always know where it is - and you don’t have to go searching through all of your photos. (That got really tiring!)
How did you end up getting a photo uploaded? I played with this site - hovering over all the buttons, etc, to see what they did. I like that it is easy to format the text - with italics or BOLD or make a list, etc. (But, I’m kind of type-nerdy that way. I’m a graphic designer.)

1 Like

I use all Mac products and don’t have a problem. Granted it is easier to upload from my phone but my laptop works well too as long as I have moved the photos out of Mac Prison, aka Photos into another folder. Your tip is good to create a GF folder on my desktop so I will put that into use. But I really like the ability to format the text you type.

Katy

Katy! I like that! And it’s so true. Mac Prison AKA Photos. WHAT were they thinking?

1 Like