All Geared Up Here Boss

:star_struck: Welcome to my party. Dax

Copenhaven Nursery OHxF 87 Pear rootstocks:

Copenhaven Nursery Prunus avium rootstocks:

@murky Do you think the old lady will let this sh#t fly at yer house?

A conifer tenting chamber I tore down for that room for those tubs. That’s all that junk when there was snow knee deep.

Everything’s real convenient. My work space is thru those slider doors and the greenhouse is a few steps away. There’s a path to my hoophouse opposite the greenhouse. It’s very close.

Greenhouse dimensions: 16’ x 6’ x 8’

36 Likes

Quite the setup. Looks great!

1 Like

Thank you, kind sir.

Dax

Some fine looking rootstocks.

Dax,

How many acres do you have to play with?

Prunus avium — is it seedling Mazzard or clonal F 12/1?

@blueberrythrill, I’ll be buying from these people from here on forward.

@Matt_in_Maryland I have six but I’ve planted nearly all of it with the exception of close to an acre I’ll be removing a conifer collection this spring. That’ll become a second orchard as well as an in-ground nursery. All these grafts will go into the ground this year. I’m hesitant to plant the Prunus americana rootstocks, however. Those may go into containers as I have the space in my hoophouse ready for hundreds of grafts in tall Steuwe pots.

@Stan those are seedling avium. I tell you guys the prices are great. Maybe a buck .75 each for these big ens.

Dax

1 Like

I bought from them last year and all the rootstock was very nice.

1 Like

Love the wheelbarrow in the house. Why not, when there is snow outside with cold temps and you are itching to do some growing? I can’t get a wheelbarrow in but I DO haul in the compost and potting mix and put down a tarp and party!

8 Likes

We have bought from Copenhaven Farms at least twice. Nice rootstocks, nice people, nice price.
What more do you want…except maybe something to grow peaches on? :smiley:

3 Likes

Yes, you rock.

Dax

1 Like

Party’s about over.

I’m holding off on 50 persimmon rootstocks until I receive new scions. You can see what I have done in towels in the first bucket.

Dax

10 Likes

Thats pretty crazy Dax, you got me beat fo sho! My burnt Ridge rootstock hasn’t made it here yet.

1 Like

That’s a good 750. I ordered 900 and among runts I didn’t use and 25 serviceberries I didn’t have room for, that’s about where I am.

It was enjoying.

Dax

3 Likes

This is the callus the pencil made from writing labels :smile:

Dax

5 Likes

Nice graft! Wait…

5 Likes

Nice post! :grin:

You were talking about my finger. I was talking about the grafts! Nice one, Vinod. lol.

Dax

3 Likes

Did you graft the rootstocks while they have been stuck in the bin or did you take each rootstock out of the bin for grafting?

Also, I have some extra scionwood left I wanted to send you, but you’re completely done with grafts already!

1 Like

I took them out in bundles of 25 and walked the 3’ to my basement, mostly.

I’m not done Stan. This is just bench grafting. We (my best buddy here) have field grafting to go yet.

Dax

3 Likes