Anyone need any pawpaw scionwood for grafting?

I might have maybe 7-10 spare scions, just thought it would use it best someone else use it instead of me throwing out.
Not sure what Ill have leftover, but i have Mango, Sunflower, Green River Belle and maybe another variety or two (not sure what I’ll be sending your way, depends what varieties I graft prob the 1st 3 varieties definitely).

4 Likes

Nice offer!

no takers so far, would you like some @JesseS? (or were just complimenting on the offer :slightly_smiling: )

I have some seedlings I think I could graft but have some anxiety with those slow growing pawpaws… Would take forever to grow back if I mess it up :frowning:

1 Like

haha, yeh Im in a similar boat … my seedlings are only 1 year old and I realized only a few can be whip and tongued now.
Most of my seedlings are too thin and for most of them I’m going to wait to next year to graft i think.

PM sent.

All set ,thanks.

Hello,
I am looking for. Someone who can trade scionwood for about three varieties: Shanandoah, Mango, and Susquehanna.
In exchange I can provide scionwood from my two varieties:Prolific and Sunflower.
If you know someone interested please let me know their contacts.
Dennis
Kent, Wa

1 Like

@Armyofda12mnkeys
Hello,
I am looking for. Someone who can trade scionwood for about three varieties: Shanandoah, Mango, and Susquehanna.
In exchange I can provide scionwood from my two varieties:Prolific and Sunflower.
If you know someone interested please let me know their contacts.
Dennis
Kent, Wa
[/quote]

1 Like

Too bad I didn’t noticed this I could have use some of them but thanks for sharing!

1 Like

@armyofda12mnkeys,
I noticed you had a posting for trading pawpaw mango and green river belle scions. Do you think you may want to trade this winter in Feb?
I have Sunflower and Prolific varieties to offer.
I also would like to obtain some persimmon scions: Hao River, Maekawa, and Matsumoto Wase
Please advise
Dennis

1 Like

Hey DennisD,
Sorry I just noticed this message. I have Mango, but the other varieties I got at a scion exchange end of March. I can let you know end of March what I can send your way.

1 Like

ok please let me know. I can use varieties other than Prolific and Sunflower
Dennis

1 Like

Is Peterson less squeamish about his Paw Paws being shared? I was under the impression that he patented and trademarked his cultivars.

1 Like

@DennisD hmmmm our scion exchange was cancelled so couldn’t get any more scionwood… I do have Mango saved for you, but I’m not sure how to get it to ya. I’m trying to stay in quarantine as long as possible since my 70+ year old parents live with me and my sis. Is there such a thing as no-contact shipping nowadays, like get it picked up from my house?

2 Likes

paypal shipping. if you have an acct. here’s the link. print your label and take to the mailbox.

1 Like

Neal Peterson makes an informal request that people send him $1 “per tree grafted” with one of his trademarked (patented?) varieties. I have done this several times. He appreciates it.

Neal Peterson
PO Box 128,
Harper’s Ferry, WV 25425

4 Likes

Here’s Neal’s pawpaw varieties.
PAWPAWS HOME — Peterson Pawpaws.

@Hambone - a couple of questions

• Does this include scionwood we receive from scion exchange with members here?
  • what about if a pawpaw tree is bought from a nursery? Can we assume the nursery paid the fee already? I bought my Shenandoah from Logee’s for example.

I don’t mind sending him money but want to have a good understanding of it for myself and others.

1 Like

You’re not allowed to propagate what you purchase either. It’s per graft w/o exception. When the patents and trademarks are expired, then it’s all over with.

Best regards,

Dax

1 Like

I think Dax has it right. I’ll PM you Neal’s email to answer questions.

1 Like