Apple pie

We had our first ever apple harvest! These are Jonafree apples from my first apple tree from Stark Bros.

They are crisp and slightly tart and delicious. I took my kids to the local orchard and we picked Cortland apples. On the way out we noticed they had their Honeycrisp apples already picked and for sale so we grabbed some of these too. We had so many apples we decided to make an apple pie.

We used the Cortland and Jonafree apples for the pie and ate the Honeycrisp fresh. It’s been a long time, but I destinctly remember planting those apple trees 6 years ago and hoping someday I could make a pie. Feels good.

26 Likes

Good looking apples indeed. Here’s hoping your harvest next year will give you many more!

3 Likes

Beautiful pie!

2 Likes

Thanks so much

Yeah I’d eat that

2 Likes

Congrats @growjimgrow! That’s a special occasion for sure! Your pie looks delicious :yum:

2 Likes

Scrumptious/10.
Would definitely dollop vanilla ice cream atop and wash down with a frosty glass of milk.

2 Likes

I’d give the milk to the kids and have a nice glass of cider for myself and the little Mrs…:wink:

3 Likes

Congratulations!
(Jonathon apple is multi-purpose…you can find better apples, but not many that cover that many bases from the same tree.)

2 Likes

Here is the last picking of the Jonafree apples. Nice to have a crop of versitile apples.

11 Likes

Gallette aux pommes. Store bought (but local) MacCoun and Cortland apples.

6 Likes

I was pleased with how my first apple pie this season turned out. I mostly used Bramley’s seedling, but also a little Golden Delicious, and Golden Russet:

14 Likes

Lovely!

2 Likes