Apt market part 2

30 Likes

Thank you we love all the pictures! Where is most of this produce from? How long do you think it takes them to get from farm to market with the european system compared to ours?
Like everything there all of it just looks fantastique

5 Likes

I need to move there!
I could still grow pawpaws, so why not?

3 Likes

I hope all the people breathing on that food are wearing masks

3 Likes

The green gages, tomatoes, and green beans look good right now.

2 Likes

These products looked so fresh

1 Like

Actually, it is too good to be true, except for the citrus that primarily comes from Italy or Spain, everything else is either local or France is its country of origin. Trucks move produce non -stop here as the French are quite picky about their food and like buying locally. My town is surrounded by orchards and vineyards, fields of commercial lavender and produce. It is beautiful and tastes really good. You buy to cook the same day or the next day. You can freeze the meats you buy; but everything else is eaten after the market day or the day of. Food is all eaten and prepared according to the season. so all recipes and direction of food choices change with the weather. It is the varieties that are grown which is astounding. Currants are coming in now and unfortunately cherries are at their end; i did not see one Montmorency this year ! Local !

5 Likes

They were except fora few. We are very mask conscious here !

2 Likes

Also lois, you cannot serve yourself, and I am distanced because there are barriers you must stand behind.

1 Like

These things are good to know

Eat what are in season from local producers is a ideal life. I am envying your lifestyle.

2 Likes

Come visit when you can.

2 Likes

Ok. Last time I am in France was 7 years ago. Didn’t see the lavender fields but enjoyed the more eco friendly /balanced life of French and other European countries.

1 Like

That is utterly amazing at how much is grown locally in france, I am very impressed by how fast europe does farm to market and wish we could decentralize our system and copy the one that worked better for every day living and a crisis.

I used to just go to the local grocer every other day to every day and buy everything as local as possible of course but at least fresh and never frozen meat and enjoyed using my money to reward those that make good fresh produce here. Now I try to hit the store less since i am around a lot of people and do not want to be a vector. I wish we would make more outside markets!

This year just getting my french intensive gardening technique down for my raised beds but other than meat (and apples and plums / citrus) have been eating almost solely off of it for the last month!

You gotta stop asking us to travel there right now! For whatever reason you guys want to stop this virus so the EU and Canada put a travel ban on us until we are done winning whatever we are doing with covid. A few small towns in mexico erected border fences to stop us from crossing :rofl:!

4 Likes

Great job! It looks fantastic.

1 Like