Armadillo

Removed the first armadillo of spring today. My Nankings are just starting to bloom , I guess spring is here.

1 Like

We are starting to see them around Here near Kansas City. The last thing we need is more pest. Daffodils are up in the city now. Spring is here for sure. Just when I was being productive in the winter for once, now it’s spring and the winter work will have to wait till next year.

We don’t get armadillos up here (at least, not yet!) but I did chase five whitetails out of my yard this morning. They’re already munching on young flowers.

Interesting. I just read a news article that reported that after centuries of migrating no further north than Texas, armadillos “have been spotted recently as far north as Missouri, southern Illinois, Iowa and up to North Carolina.” So I check to see what has been reported here and see they have been in Missouri since at least 2016. I suppose if you are talking centuries, 2016 could be considered “recently.”

its been remarkable how quickly they’ve spread east as well. I can remember seeing them on family hunting land in MS throughout the 90’s, before we started seeing them here in north GA. I was a kid then and was fascinated by the creatures. Now they are everywhere around where we live in GA. Hit one this past week in my wife’s minivan…not a pleasant sound

2 Likes