AU Golden Kiwi Order

Hi, I’ve been looking to purchase two of the Golden Sunshines with the male pollinator and just got off the phone with growaukiwi.info. They still will not ship to California where I live. Was wondering if anyone would be willing to place the order and reship it to me? I’d be happy to pay all costs involved and for your time. Thanks.

Sure no problem. I have no problem doing this again. Now that we know better just how big the plants are when they ship we will plan to acquire adequate reshipping boxes.

The estimated shipping price was $25 per unit the finaly shipping price ended up being $10 per unit. Our assumption is GKG just fills up box and chargers actual shipping. So the larger the order the lower the shipping.

2 Likes

Thank you lordkiwi. I really appreciate that! I’m fine with the costs of shipping and will reimburse you 100% + your time. These are just going in my backyard and I only have room for the 3. How can we proceed? I’m ready anytime.

help me figure out where to get some huge ass boxes. But there is no rush. They will not be shipping again till December 2020 as the plants need to be fully dormant.

Hiya if you would be ordering again this year you can add some from my side too. Will let you know when the shipping season is about to commence

When I called earlier they were ready to take my order until they realized I was in California. If you want to swing by HomeDepot or a maybe a storage facility, you can probably find a suitable box there. Wish I could give you one of my 100s of amazon boxes in the garage lol.

Just let me know how you’d like me to compensate you when the time comes.

The last order was placed maybe 2 months in advance of shipping. Payment wasn’t required till just before the order shipped. They actualy shipped it with a typo on the credit card number. It was only after they shipped I found out shipping costs was lower then there estimates. I must have called 3 or 4 times upping the order before it was finaly confirmed so we can place the order now and up it all year as people hop on board.

@Rahul1 @CaliforniaMike

CaliforniaMilke. repurposing boxes is actualy more challenging then it sounds. Say you get something long enough it might be two wide and encore oversize fees. There is plenty of time we will find something.

Can you inquire if they supply AU Gulf Coast. Someone on the forum mentioned getting AU Gulf Coast from them. In case they do you can order two AU Gulf Coast. Also two Golden Dragon and one each of AU Fitzgerald and AU Arthur. Hence 6 in total.

Do they only ship in Dec every year? I only see AU Golden Dragon and AU Golden Sunshine on their website. Are there more varieties available? Anyone fruited these in California? I wonder if I have enough chill hours for either of these varieties

1 Like

Wife just walked in with the perfect box. Apparently Joanns fabric and crafts might be the key for hard to find box sizes.

1 Like

I once found some boxes like that in a dumpster,by a musical instrument store.They probably ship guitars and other things in them.bb

Do you guys guys know the chill hours on these?

700 and 800

Hello @lordkiwi, Any chance I can hop on the order? I attempted to order from them a few years ago, once I discovered a golden kiwi was available in the US, and had the same experience as @CaliforniaMike (I am from Oregon). I am just a homeowner with a passion for growing plants and have a varied collection in my large back yard.

@lordkiwi shit

Sure no problem, They don’t actualy take orders till december.

@Sean ?

@lordkiwi Sorry late to the draw but I was referring to your post about chill hours…Im WAY less than that :frowning:

Ok Well I have some terrible news for everyone. The Golden Kiwi Group has been closed and dissolved. I do not know whom might have purchused the inventory or of they are being sold though another vendor.
@Sean @Rahul1 @ramv

1 Like

Ouch. I hope all mine stay alive!

My thoughts exactly. I am left with a Golden Dragon male with no female, wanted to make good this year :confused: