Big Horse Creek Farm Fall Trees

Just moseyed over to Big Horse Creek Farm website and they have their list of fall trees for sale:

http://bighorsecreekfarm.com/fall-varieties/

I had to restrain myself from buying the White Limbertwig on M7 (there’s only one!). Looks like they don’t have as many this year as last due to unfortunate circumstances, so wanted to make others aware if they were waiting to buy-looks like you have to jump on them.

2 Likes

Hate to hear that Big Horse is having problems. What could have destroyed their benchgrafts? Animals?

They had a message up before, although I don’t see it now.

The gist of it was that a lot of their benchgrafts on 111 failed. Things wouldn’t take, and even if they did, sometimes the scion would inexplicably die. Not everything on 111 died, but a whole lot more than would be accounted for with normal graft failure. Plus, the grafts on the other rootstocks did just fine, so they didn’t think it was their grafting technique. They didn’t come right out and say it, but the most plausible answer was something was wrong with that batch of 111 rootstock.

And also, the husband of the husband and wife team that owns/runs the place is dealing with medical issues, so I’m sure that didn’t help things.

1 Like