Black Mulberry shrub

Whitman farms sells true nigra, Noir De Spain. You have to get on the phone with Lucile to make an order but she is lovely and you feel good about supporting such small nurseries.

4 Likes

In the past I’ve never encountered a mislabeled plant from Walter Andersen Nursery nor Dave Wilson wholesalers. My quest now is to identify the species of this plant via genetic testing. I may or may not replace it.

burntridge was selling true nigras for several yrs-- but there was at least one instance, that they did not . That nursery was gracious and honorable enough to admit their mistake.

given the circumstances they’ve been through, am confident that burntridge knows much better now and unlikely to make the same mistake

2 Likes

Keep another bigger object right next to the bud or branch (like your finger) and focus on it instead. On iPhone at least, you can focus manually by just touching the object once. Also, try to take a shot with light behind you but don’t let your shadow in the way of course.

1 Like

@bleedingdirt Thank you so much for the tips! I will try that next time

1 Like

I have a Black Beauty that has fruited for me in a pot for the past 6+ years. One has to be careful to keep the plant well watered or it will drop its fruit.

I need to re-pot mine this year again…

Scott

1 Like