Blossoms - z5b -Purling NY - 2018

Here are some of the blossoms in Zone 5b - Purling NY as of May 12, 2018 the year winter refused to leave

SCARLET SURPRISE APPLE

CALVILLE BLANC D’HIVER APPLE

WINESAP APPLE

ZESTAR APPLE

ZESTAR APPLE ESPALIER

PINK PEARL APPLE

RABELLA APPLE

KARMIJN D’SONNENVILLE APPLE

EGREMONT RUSSET APPLE

MACOUN APPLE

DOYENNE D’JULIET PEAR

UBILEEN PEAR

DUCHESS D’ANGOULEME PEAR

CONFERENCE PEAR

COLLETTE PEAR

LOOKING DOWN ONE ROW

25 Likes

Nice pictures of your fruit trees. All mine bloomed last week. I have a lot of younger fruit trees so each one was a great surprise to see them blooming this year.
Good luck with your fruit this season.

@MikeC

The cold did not kill the buds this year.

But with all this rain during bloom… fingers crossed

Mike

1 Like

Beautiful! You have created a fine orchard!

1 Like

@mrsg47

Thanx

How are you doing with the move?

Mike

My husband died a little over a week ago, so I must settle different things before I move.

So sorry to hear that, mrsg. My condolences.

2 Likes

So sorry to here that bad new Mrsg. You have got lots of friends here for support.

Tony

1 Like

@mrsg47

I am so sorry to hear this. My deepest condolences.

It doesn’t get easier but, over time, it does become somewhat more bearable.

All my best wishes.

Michael

1 Like

Thank you Tony, you are a good friend here. It has been a difficult year. I miss him so.

1 Like

I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. /my condolences to you and your family.

1 Like

I am really sorry for your loss and my deepest condolences to you family.

1 Like

Mrsg47,

Very sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your family to have comfort during this difficult time.

1 Like

Some incredible looking pictures of your beautiful fruit :apple: trees. Well done pictures.

1 Like

@MES111 Mike, do you find Colette to be a fire blight magnet due to its’ re-blooming habit?

@AndySmith

Fitrblight… ughhhh!

Can’t say yet but unfortunately I may have the answer this coming year.

My orchard is only 6-7 years old and last summer was the first that I experienced FB on my Conference pear.

It was in a very bad location so I took the whole espalier down. Now that I know that the bacteria is in my orchard I am going to be very attentive and proactive.

Here is hoping.

Mike

2 Likes