Buds , Flowers and Fruits 2022 Edition!

Every days business… picking berries :wink:

10 Likes

First strawberry was also yesterday, but my honey berries started to turn two days ago. But they might just have been baked by 96 degree days.

1 Like

Mine are still very small (the scale is cm), and no signs of ripening:

I was surprised at the fruit set on this bush since I planted it last summer and it’s only about a foot tall. “Blue Forest” is the cultivar (or maybe that’s a trademark name for some other cultivar?)

5 Likes

luckily for us honeyberries fruit very young.:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Rio Grande do Sul cherry (Eugenia involucrata) flowering…

5 Likes

First plum of the year - Naidyonisch. Grafted it last year with budwood from ARS, after positive reviews from Richard and JoeReal. It is a P. cerasifera judging by its leaves. There is no detectable sourness near its skin on pit. Brix was around 14 but felt like 10. The meaty texture is close to Satsuma plum. Next year would be a more reliable evaluation

11 Likes

Black caps… my mystery black rasp.
Logans…
My mulberry graft… about to ripen a gerardi mulberry.

Mmmmmm

9 Likes

Your picture is showing female flower buds.

Pingo de mel figs

Pawpaws

9 Likes

First Halls Beauty blackberry of the season!! Sweet, with good acidity and a fruity aroma! Not as flavorful as Marion but more in the sweeter side! No bitter aftertaste. It’s a keeper, thanks @Bradybb for the recommendation!

The primocanes are much thicker and growing vigorously, so expecting a bigger crop next year.

11 Likes

Glen Coe and Mysore raspberry

7 Likes

My patch of wild strawberries are just starting to ripen. Had my first taste this evening. Small but delicious!

14 Likes

if you like those, try growing alpine strawberries. they dont spread by runners and are everbearing. producing here from late june until frost, producing 1 1/2 in long by 3/4in wide fruit. baker seeds and the strawberry store has seeds for them. mine are 4 years old and have bushed out some but have come back every year. the fruit is on long stalks so slugs cant get to most of them. as close to our wild straws in taste but much more productive. if you start seeds indoors in feb. you will start to have fruit in july.

3 Likes

16544727623850 16544727624471

6 Likes

i have mine in raised beds. got white soul, Regina, Alexandria, yellow wonder, and several others i dont remember the names. had them in planters and it was too hard to keep them watered so i went in ground with mulch. they grew much better that way.

1 Like

First picking of my first Blueberry crop. Last year was a bust because of the vortex but the bushes did a lot of growing. I am beyond excited!

14 Likes

The problem w/ alpine strawberries is that hosta leaves are tastier.
At least in Kentucky.

3 Likes

20220605_194059 20220605_195428

Jujube blossoms and raspberries galore !!!
Still getting a few strawberries.

11 Likes

fruit compote with stevia. :wink:

1 Like

@steveb4 … I put big bowl full in the fridge for fresh eating… and froze some too. Gotta make some raspberry chia jam next…

I ate a bunch too … love those blacks…

3 Likes