Bulk Fruit, Spices, sweets & Nuts

I would like to buy raw olives in bulk and wet brine or dry salt cure them. Anybody have a reasonably priced source they have used?

1 Like

You will need to wait for olive season and buy directly from one of the many California orchards eg. http://www.chaffinfamilyorchards.com

Yep. I am on their email notification list as of last night! I have been thinking of doing this for a few years but have never checked prices and shipping. I didn’t see any prices on Chaffin’s site since olives are out of season. Just thought in this big forum, someone from east of CA might have ordered and have a good source they would share.

1 Like

I would be interested to know how much they charge for raw olives. My olive trees are 2-4 year old, and they already produce more olives than I can process, so I consider selling some in the future. I have some top-notch table olive varieties like Bella di Cerignola, Itrana (Gaeta), Kalamata, Lucques, Nocellara del Belice (Castelvetrano), Picholine, etc.

Here is a couple of photos of huge Bella di Cerignola olives:

8 Likes

Those are beautiful @Stan

KS, chaffin is where I bought 17 lbs of olives several years ago. It takes 9 months to cure them, and one year to reach peak flavor. They were good but then I discovered I am mildly allergic to them, and gave them to friends.

I do buy nuts in bulk, nuts.com used to be my supplier, high quality, but now I have found a local guy who sells just nuts for cheaper.

1 Like

Stan, those are wonderful looking olives! I will try find out how much Chaffin charges for their olives and let you know. I would be interested in buying some from you in the future if it works out.
@glib- boy that’s too bad you preserved the olives and waited all that time to find out you had an allergy!!! It’s a long process but we love olives and I’d like to try it and see how it goes.

1 Like

by the time I found out, the 17 lbs were down to 6 or 7 lbs.

1 Like

Sams club is where my cranberries, nuts etc. come from. Seems wrong in a way to buy bulk from them. $10-$15 for 2-3 pounds is normal.

I don’t know a thing about the company but I see cheaper dates now available from https://www.ifsbulk.com

** update when I clicked it showed currently unavailable**

I just bulk purchased figs for $13 for 4 pounds from ebay

Spice jungle is another spice supplier. The sausage maker has bulk cardamom on sale for $25 per pound. Cardamom, vanilla, and saffron are said by many to be the most expensive spices in the world. What are your favorites?

Been a number of years ago, but I traded some plant materials with Arthur (softmentor), and he sent me some dates in return… Man! they were GREAT!

1 Like

@Lucky_P those sound really good!

Anyone who lives close by want to split a bulk order?
https://www.ifsbulk.com/wholesale-dried-fruit
Thought I would get a case of aseel dates $1.45 per pound

Some nice mixes are just over $2.00 per pound

Sams club prices are good on several bulk fruits and nuts and I may go that route if no one wants to split a large order right now.

1 Like

Thanks for the link, just not close enough to split a large case but the 5lb option looks good. I haven’t tried Aseel Dates, but that price is sure attractive and shipping is reasonable. What’s your opinion of the Aseel?

1 Like

@Poorwolf
They are a good date if they are like the ones I’ve had before I’m thinking of. Some dates are dry and can have a somewhat papery skin but typically most moist dates don’t have papery skin. I’ve had dates that were very firm and dry but very delicious. Medjool and aseel are moist and In general I enjoy them a great deal. All dates including the dry types are good so I like to try different types. I’m still learning what they all are. Unfortunately I’m not the connoisseur some people think I am Yet and just know some limited amounts about a dozen or so types. I like the blonde figs slightly better than brown ones.
You can see a little more about dates here Popular Date Varieties - Harvest to Table and this site has a great picture of 20 types
https://drnaz.wordpress.com/2012/08/05/how-many-types-of-dates-are-there-14-2

The big difference between aseel and something you recognize like medjool is just the size. Aseel keep longer and are from Pakistan but are smaller Pakistan Seedless Pitted Dates Aseel vs Medjool Dates, ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Pitted Dates Manufacturers Suppliers Exporters, Pitted Dates, Date Paste, Pitted Dates Suppliers, Aseel Select Grade Pitted Dates Price USD 2000-2500/MT, Aseel GAQ Grade Pitted Dates Price USD 1200-2200/MT, Aseel FAQ Grade Pitted Dates Price USD 800-1200/MT, Aseel Industrial Grade Pitted Dates Price USD 600-900/MT, Organic Pitted Dates Price USD 1600-2200/MT, Diced Dates Price USD 1000-1400/MT, Date Paste Price USD 900-1200/MT, Date Paste Recipes, Date Paste Brownies, Date Paste Cookies, Date Paste Uses, Date Paste Cake, Date Paste Whole Foods, Date Paste Canada, Aseel Dates Pakistan, Aseel Dates, Sayer Dates, Sayer Pitted Dates, Organic Dates, Block Pressed, Dates Exporters to India, United States, USA, United Arab Emirates, UAE, Saudi Arabia, United Kingdom, UK, Russia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Canada, Malaysia, Thailand, Brazil, Bangladesh, Australia, Philippines, Iran, Switzerland, Turkey, Taiwan, Ukraine, South Korea, Egypt, Spain, Germany, Italy, Singapore, South Africa, France, Argentina, Qatar, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Nepal, Oman, Colombia, Morocco, Kuwait, Iraq, Poland, Tunisia, Romania, Sri Lanka, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Sweden, Belarus, Algeria, Bahrain, Norway, Nigeria, Venezuela, Greece, Hong Kong, Peru, Lithuania, Afghanistan, Denmark, Czechia, Yemen, Portugal, New Zealand, Cambodia, Austria, Bulgaria, Ireland, Lebanon, Serbia, Libya, Chile, Azerbaijan, China, Maldives, Moldova, Laos, Kenya, Ecuador, Uganda, Myanmar (Burma), El Salvador, Slovenia, Armenia, Finland, Aruba, Brunei, Kyrgyzstan, Sudan, Latvia, Georgia, Mongolia, Bolivia, Slovakia, Dominican Republic, Ghana, Honduras, Palestine, Jordan, Get Latest Price Rate Quotes Effective From 23-Feb-2021, Pitted Dates, Diced Dates, Chopped Dates, Date Paste, Date Powder, ISO Certified Growers Manufacturers Processors Packers Shippers Exporters, Global Suppliers of Dates Fruit in Bulk Wholesale Supply to International Dates Markets, Dates processed supplied by GNS Group Dates Processing Company Factory Suppliers Exporters Processors Key Leading Market Players Cheap Low Cost Price Dates from Pakistan, Dates Crop Production Latest News Updates - Aseel Dates Pakistan . Here is even more about dates here.
Comparison chart of dates - Brown Date Garden of Southern CA.
Because they come from very dry hot locations most of us know very little about this delicious fruit.

1 Like

Anyone ever dealt with https://www.webstaurantstore.com ?
Wondering what to do with that giant harvest? Walk-In Coolers: Walk-In Refrigerators at Low Prices or maybe you want to build your own cooler and buy their cooling unit
Walk-In Cooler Condensers | Shop WebstaurantStore
Maybe you need tons of low cost sweetener eg black strap molasses Golden Barrel Blackstrap Molasses - Bulk 5 Gallon Container
or honey for sweetener
Bulk Honey: Organic, Buckwheat, Amber & More Wholesale
Or blue agave https://www.webstaurantstore.com/agave-real-16-9-fl-oz-natural-sweetener/115REALAGAVE.html

I’d be interested in that too if anyone dealt with that store as well. Webstaurant that is.

1 Like

I buy allot of my bulk spices from webstaurant. They are always fresh and a fraction of what store bought cost. I usually get them in one or two days from when I place my order(I believe they have a warehouse a few hours from me). My only complaint is their shipping costs are on the high side for small orders, so I wait till I need a bunch and place a larger order.

1 Like

Bulk products are not as easy to obtain this year.