Buy heirloom apple fruit by mail

I live in an area of Texas where apple trees are rare. I’ve started some heirloom apple trees myself, but it’s going to be a couple of years before they produce, if the cotton root rot doesn’t get them first. Ya’ll post all these lovely descriptions of heirloom apples and I want to eat them! Does anyone have any recommendations of orchards that sell heirloom apples that I can get mailed to me?

1 Like

Do you mean the fruit? Cummins nursery usually sells some fruit during the fall or early winter…like a variety of different types, maybe one per variety or something like that. Looks like they called it heirloom harvest apple box last year.

2 Likes

I think Trees of Antiquity is another place that offers the same thing.

3 Likes

I shall look at both of these. Thanks!

Update: Trees of Antiquity does not sell apples by mail. Didn’t find a spot to order apple fruit for Cummins nursery. Scott’s Farm Orchard will be selling apples this way by the end of this week or next week.

1 Like

That place is great. I made a trip there a few years back and got to taste medlars for the first time. The other two places might just not be offering their apples yet. I seem to remember that they post about it later in the season. But I could just be wrong too.

It looks like both Applesource and Tree-Mendous Fruits are no longer in business :slightly_frowning_face: I got apples from them around 20 years ago when I started growing heirlooms.

As @snowflake said, you’ll likely see fruit offered there later in the fall.

1 Like

Too early for Cummins this year yet. Here is last year:

1 Like

Ah! Thank you very much!

1 Like

Reed Valley orchard in Paris, KY sends out apple gift boxes. BUT, they had a bad freeze event this year, so I doubt they’d be shipping many, if any, out this year.

Here’s a link, info at bottom of page-

http://reedvalleyorchard.com/Varieties.htm

2 Likes

Doud Orchard in Indiana sells heirloom apple boxes.
This was the source for the old “Applesource” website.
I have ordered from them a few times
https://www.doudorchard.com

3 Likes

Alas, I contacted them, and you are right, they had a very very bad freeze. They will not be shipping apples this year, but I will look at them next year.

1 Like