Can someone identify this mushroom?

I’m very glad to hear that as I made two mushroom beds with this one being the larger of the two. Its 12’ x 20’ and at least 4 inches deep (so I moved a ton of fresh wood chips to make this).

Scott

1 Like

seconding what moose said, unless the stropharia was grossly under-seeded it is extremely aggressive in chips

1 Like

how much mycelium did you ad to that bed? one that size would need 5-6 big bags of spawn. what i did is make a 4’ x 5’ bed about 6in. deep with 1 spawn bag in spring. by the fall that beds chips were completely colonized. i then put those chips into bigger beds. basically growing out your spawn to be used to inoc. a bigger amount of beds. it takes time but saves you a lot in spawn.

1 Like

That’s basically what I did. If I dig down I have lots of white just under the surface.

Scott

2 Likes

Remember about spore prints to guys. Think we discussed it here Anyone finding fall mushrooms?

1 Like

Can anyone identify this beauty? Diameter about 10 inches.

3 Likes

Looks like chicken of the woods but I am by no means a mushroom expert. Nice find

5 Likes

It does look like a chicken, the color is a little dull though so maybe it is a Berkeley’s polypore.

1 Like

Is this a Reishi? I found it growing on a redbud in the middle of the city.

4 Likes

Yes definitely some sort of reishi, probably lucidum.

1 Like

Is this a type of puffball and is it edible? I found it growing out of the ground next to one of my fig pots.

4 Likes

Looks like one, if white inside they are good cooked.
I’m on the other side of the country though, what we eat may not be the same mushroom.

1 Like

Just find these growing in one of my fig pot and wondering what type these could be ?

Just googled

The small, yellow mushroom is probably Leucocoprinus birnbaumii. The fungus is sometimes referred to as yellow houseplant mushroom , yellow parasol, or flower pot parasol. This species can be found outside in summer, but is most commonly found year-round with potted plants or in greenhouses.

Is Leucocoprinus Birnbaumii poisonous?

Toxicity . Leucocoprinus birnbaumii is known to be a toxic toadstool, and if eaten it can cause a very unpleasant stomach upset.

puffball sliced edible

Earthball sliced inedible

Deathcap/Destroying Angle Deadly in the Egg stage sliced. Notice the shape of a capped mushroom is present in the egg stage.

6 Likes

Beautiful peeling job on that puffball!

1 Like