Characteristics of Pawpaw plants and fruit

@Richard

I don’t have anything to contribute, really, I just wanted to say thank you for all of the information you’ve linked on pawpaws. I’m just getting in to them now (currently have about 24 seeds germinating, to be planted in the coming weeks) and I’ve been very interested in characteristics of cultivars and academic research on the pawpaw in general and I’ve come across almost none of what you’ve linked here in my own research. Please keep us posted on what you come across/learn, I’ll be sure to read it.

3 Likes

Which post in this thread are you referring to?

@ZinHead
I also told you that it was a partial list and for details you’d have to wait for this publication:
Frost, R. 2022 “Diversity of Pawpaw (Asimina triloba) cultivars in USDA repositories and selected retail nurseries c. 2022”.

1 Like

What is the link to his website?

Data needed.

1 Like

You’ll have to wait for this publication:
Frost, R. 2022 “Diversity of Pawpaw (Asimina triloba ) cultivars in USDA repositories and selected retail nurseries c. 2022”.

2 Likes

Asimina triloba contains 8 pairs of chromosomes (2n = 2x = 16). By convention, the chromosome containing the sex determining gene is labeled #1. The markers used in tests to date (RAPD, SSR, AFLP) are scattered among the chromosomes.

Good night!

@Bradybb, @disc4tw , @haldog , @WildApple23
In today’s mail :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

FYI: Data has been resurrected and reprogrammed by “Q”.

I have already seen & saved this information.

Hi There
If you have not seen admins’ reminder on another pawpaw thread, we would like to ask that all forum members be civil to one another, please.

Personal attacks, snide remarks, public humiliation, etc. will not be tolerated.

Repeated offenders will be suspended.

4 Likes

I had already been notified by the Administrator.
And the thread had been cleaned up a couple of weeks ago.
However, I just decided to go ahead & purge my comments from this thread anyway.

Zinhead
Helping others on the forum with your knowledge is appreciated.

The forum thrives because people are here to seek help, get help,exchange knowledge, ideas, etc. Common courtesy is required.

1 Like

I fathom that.
Please fathom that all humans are not neurologically similar.
It’s often difficult for even an altruistic asperger to be socially symbiotic, as passive-aggressive OCD behaviors are often very easily triggered.
And some individuals are far less than empathetic & intentionally seek opportunities trigger such aspergers out of fun or malicious intent.
It seems to be the nature & character of all such groups no matter how hard moderators attempt to make them safe spaces.

1 Like