Chinese Sweet Pit Apricot

That could/should be possible, but it will be a matter of time and quantity. If you devote enough years of crossing and backcrossing, and grow enough trees after each cross/backcross. But I doubt that anything good enough will grow the first 2-3 generations. Of course that is just an educated guess.

1 Like

Need advice on grafting Sweet Pit Apricots & possibly almonds.
My Flavor Supreme Pluot died this past summer, BUT the rootstock (Myrobalan 29C) suckered and I allowed it to do so in hopes I could graft onto some of the many healthy suckers. I would like to graft Sweet Pit Apricots and possibly try grafting almonds onto some of the suckers.
Does anyone have a source for Sweet Pit Apricots scions?
Any thoughts on grafting almonds onto Myrobalan29C?

I can send as much as you care to have… :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi Tony,

I am considering Sweet Pit apricot for my frontward orchard. It’s in SE corner of Vermont zone 5b.
What has been your experience with that tree since 2016? The fruit pictures just look so lovely!
I know I am pushing it with the cots here but a girl can dream, right?

Thank you

1 Like

Hi Tom,

I am considering Sweet Pit apricot for my frontward orchard. It’s in SE corner of Vermont zone 5b.
What has been your experience with that tree since 2016? Your growing conditions are as difficult for apricots as mine.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi Maria,

What has been your experience with that tree since 2016? Both your climate and mine are challenging for apricots but I love them so much!

Thank you

1 Like

Tom and Maria have not posted here for a long time.

@tonyOmahaz5 may chime in. When you want to tag someone, put @ in front of their handle name. Like @Aviva . The person will be notified.

1 Like

Thank you @mamuang, duly noted

1 Like

Hi guys, anyone interested in sending scions of this apricot to me? Would like to grow it due to later flowering. Thanks in advance :wink: