Dehumidifier water for sprays?

I run a small dehumidifier in our basement and it collects enough water that I could cover all my spray needs using it. My logic is that it is distilled water, except that obviously it hasn’t been boiled.

But aside from contaminations from the unit itself how could that water not be near pure? Would it be suitable for sprays?

I know that I can use my well or city water for sprays if I’m using the spray right away, but what if I want to stretch it for a day or two? Would the dehumidifier water be useful then?

Thanks,

M

1 Like

No expert, but i would say yes, and any legionnaires disease in there won’t hurt the plants :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I keep a few gallons of rain water on hand that i use for my spray mixes. I have used dehumidifier water for my blueberries. Hardness levels are 20ppm ish (i have a cheap tds gauge)…hardness levels of rain seem to be about 12ppm ish… My well water is around 250ppm…

1 Like

The instructions for my newest dehumidifier say not to use the water for plants, but I think they’re just covering their asses legally

2 Likes