Do you have a backup plan? I do

What do you do when your honeycrisp doesn’t produce as much as you like? Look closely at the base. Was going to move it but I thought better of it. It’s my backup plan! It wasn’t planned I must have thrown some pawpaw skins and seeds at the base as fertilizer years ago.

4 Likes

No back up plan for me. As my trees fail to produce or die the land is transferred over to growing veggies.

3 Likes

just took 40 of my last seasons hazelnuts that were stratified in the fridge all winter and planted them. we’ll see what comes up.

2 Likes

I started a plan about 12 years ago, when I knew the day would come when I would loose access to the fruit trees I planted on my parents property. I started with a Red Anjou pear, then apples, another pear, etc.
This is the row with a 3 in 1 apple, a small pear, large pie cherry, Clapps Favorite pear and a Bartlet. Pears and cherry have been there 25 plus years. DSCN2250|613x368
This what it looks like now, my brother has control of it. DSCN2255|591x395 You could say I was a bit upset, but I have moved on. My property is to the right of the green metal post.

1 Like