Easy soup

Well, not, strictly speaking “Fruit”. It’s all veggies & leftover bird unless you add the tomato for color, or some such. But easy, yes, and definitely soup.

Per person: 1 yellow potato, a medium size leek, maybe two (hard to overdo with leeks), maybe some onion and celery, a cup of stock or your favorite substitute (I often use Better Than Bouillion) and a clove of garlic; use the spices you favor, but I went with a little thyme, some marjoram, a bay leaf, a grating of pepper, (and added basil at the end.) No need to thicken with cream but you can if you like. I softened the leek and such before adding water and then the cut up spud. I can see where curry with yoghurt would work in this too.

Once the potatoes are tender you can remove the bay leaf, whirrrr it all up with an immersion blender, and add any shredded bird you want to use - and if you want to chop up some cooked bacon or crumble in italian sausage or dice some leftover bratz or something go right ahead.

Let it simmer while you get some broccoli spears or spinach or kale cooked. Serve the veggies on top of the soup with the diced color.

Almost have to have a good cheese crumble. We used cheddar and swiss, but another time we might throw in chunks of mozzarella, or maybe a strong goat cheese. The cheese seems to tie it all together.

A good sourdough bread would have been nice, but it didn’t happen this time.

And of course, leftover pie for dessert!

11 Likes

Sounds delish!

1 Like