Encyclopedia

A question for the admin., Would it be possible to set up a space for a wiki type encyclopedia or a regular type encyclopedia for the members of the forum to which the experienced growers/experts could post long articles or journals so info can be passed on an on going basis. This would help the newbies and others to answer questions with out having to have the gurus answer the same questions every spring/summer. Both Alan and Appleseed had great posts this past few days that could be of real benefit to the rest of us. Having this knowledge passed on is essential for the health of this hobby and the industry.

You kind consideration is appreciated,
Chikn.

1 Like

I think that this is an excellent idea and I hope it can be done. I know I’ve used the search function to locate answers to questions I shouldn’t have to ask again, but it can be slow and cumbersome.

I often find that while I understand a topic when it’s first presented I need to go back and refer again to nail down the details.

Back on the old Garden Web the electrical forum had a “frequently asked questions” section that was useful.

Glad you brought it up, Chikn.

We admins talked about this some time back and thought it was a good idea, but have not done anything yet. I personally am very busy during the year but my summers are a lot more free so will try to make sure we make some progress over the summer. Along with all the knowledge of experts here it would be good to make a reference shelf of the best stuff on the web – its hard to separate all the wheat from the chaff.