Fruit picker pole recommendations/technique?

Those finger like hooks are nice I even move branches with them by pulling them over and hooking them on another branch temporarily while I pick fruit in a tight spot. Those hooks are like fingers so yes you can push up on the stem or even pull down on branches. I even pull branches to me frequently pick them and let them go back up when I’m done. I’m going to try the picker you listed because I’m always looking to try something new. The one I listed is a fast picker in experienced hands and I would not trade it for anything!

1 Like

Looks like he’s getting about 60-70% of the cherries. But I guess, if you can’t find labor…

1 Like

@olreader

After having used it many years now i bet you are really good with it now. Love it myself but my oldest one finally stopped telescoping last year after around 20+ years of heavy use. Just realized it is likely closer to 30 years than 20 i had it. Have several others pickers just like it! They are worth their weight in gold when i need them!

1 Like

Just wanted to post… this was a very interesting product i saw posted on a forum this week:

if you buy from their website i think its $20 off. I’ll let ya know when i receive it this week so you know its not a scam website hehe.

I have a 30ft+ DocaPole with that usual metal fruit attachment you see posted from other users above.
It digs even into my unripe hard persimmon fruit that I pick in October causing damage, so i stopped using it. I actually just use a regular Corona-brand branch cutter/pruner and let them fall onto a springy mattress sheet like so hehe:

I may attach this attachment onto that if it fits the DocaPole threads.
Hoping the plastic ‘V’ part doesn’t dig into the fruit (i may add some double-sided tape to cushion it a bit while pulling).

Another interesting one i saw posted on same thread, which is discontinued is this Fruit Twister:

I always thought it would be cool to just turn/twist off the fruit as I do myself with lower branch persimmons so i don’t damage the fruit and don’t pull off small branches they are attached to. Too bad they aren’t selling it anymore.

Note: this was another item people mentioned in that thread (it combines a basket with a stem cutter over it):
Fiskar Fruit Picker - Amazon

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing that. Thats a good idea. I just converted my pruner into a fruit picker in seconds.

2 Likes