Fruit tree agreement a good idea?

Nothing wrong with putting it in writing, but if you have to do that, I wouldn’t be calling this person my friend. Personally, a few trees isn’t worth the fuss for me, but I’m not one to get upset when things don’t go as planned when it comes to something like this. I’m okay with people thinking that they have “gotten one over me” because I believe that people reap what they sow… some people refer to that as letting “karma” take care of it. I don’t let little stuff like that steal my joy. :slight_smile:

I also want to note that I have planted fruit trees everywhere that I have lived for the last 25 years. Even when I was renting the place. I didn’t see any fruit from a couple of the places, but I like to think that someone was happy that someone else planted a tree that they can enjoy. That thought brings a smile to my face. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Keep up the good work…for your kind is very scarce in this old world.

3 Likes

This is a small suburban lot with no sun in the backyard. All the sun is in the front, and the more trees I put up, the more traffic it gets. I actually had grafts that got broken off as people tried to get at the fruit.

Thanks for all the input guys. I don’t think I will mention any agreements, but if he brings up putting in more trees, then this talk will get pretty short. I don’t think I will put in much more trees without even an email on record. I don’t expect any legal action, but people can easily forget what they said in a few years. The varieties that I put in, I’m fine with losing. It would be annoying, but I’m sure I could get those back in time. I will be trying to multigraft some container trees as backup in the next few years though…

Might I suggest a fence and security cameras and a no trespassing sign?

2 Likes

I will put up another higher angle camera this winter and spring. I’m probably not going to put a front fence up since I don’t see myself staying here longer than another 2 years or so…

My brother calls that problem “finger blight.”

2 Likes

Small decorative fence might even discourage some from crossing over