Geneva GRIN scions

Its basically 2 day air.

I always cut the scions down for a gallon bag.

1 Like

I do the same- it is plenty long and saves on shipping costs.

Itā€™s possible that they do more than one round. Iā€™ve gotten scions from Corvallis on 2/18 and 2/25 in past years.

4 Likes

Yep, I cut them down too. Iā€™ve got them and my GRIN apple scions in a 2.5 gallon zip bag

1 Like

I just potted up my cuttings last night. I got very long budsticks too, 18" easily. Scionwood came out to 25 cuttings of 6 varieties. Which now leads me to ponder a question I have not been letting myself think about too hardā€¦

What the $@#! am I gonna do with 25 quince trees???

1 Like

Quince would be great but itā€™s likely not more than half will grow.

Anybody besides me still waiting on apple scions from GRIN? I am pressing the panic button now that my rootstocks have been ordered.

2 Likes

Iā€™m waiting on one apple and a few tart cherry scions from Geneva. I put my request in around Jan 7.

1 Like

Still waiting here. :persevere:

2 Likes

Iā€™m waiting as well. No reason to panic though. Iā€™m sure they will ship soon.

1 Like

Glad itā€™s not just me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good news- I just received my shipping notification. Also, I made an observation since I posted yesterday. It appears that (from those that chimed in here) that the people who had not received the scions yet were of more northern states (PA, OH, WV, WA, etc) while those in warmer climates had already received their scions (from MD southward). Thanks GRIN!

2 Likes

Makes total sense the ship based on climate unlike retailers who ship bareroots in Nov. When its temps randomly jump to the 60ā€™s.

Previously asked dawn to hold my shipment because I am on vacation, emailed asking her to release it yesterday and today I got the shipping notice.

Iā€™m also waiting but in no hurry since weā€™re in the minus teens/twenties part of winter here. And our mailbkx is half mile from the house. So iā€™m hoping they wait awhile yet. Sue

1 Like

I got my apple and pear scions and Iā€™m in central MNā€¦so at least one person ā€œup northā€ got their scions :grin:

In the past Iā€™ve tried to figure out shipping order and have been unable to do so.

2 Likes

Interesting. Yes, I received a my apple scions last week here in Alaska

1 Like

@smsmith @Palmer They must have known that you two have greenhouses! :grinning:

2 Likes

I wish. My wife has been asking about getting a greenhouse. Maybe someday (probably not)

1 Like

I just received UPS shipping notice from Geneva. :grinning:

1 Like

I got my shipping noticeā€¦lol

2 Likes