Grow Lights

Holy moly. $200 per QB board…those will be some expensive strawberries :slight_smile:

Myself only runs off of T5 6500K 5000l bulbs. Currently 24 feet of grow space.

2 Likes

$200 per QB board that would not for me. I am using 4 boards cost about $100+, but need to get power supply. make sense for shelf space.

I use bare root last Oct. it took about 6-8 weeks to mature and start fruiting. I do not know much about alpine strawberry. I am using day neutral varieties (seascape)

these are day neutral also but from seeds. 1st time for me. i too usually buy the roots

1 Like

if your plants aren’t growing fast and u have enough intensity likely u don’t have warm enough ambient temps. with led u should shoot for 80 degrees.

2 Likes

i had it at 80f but the strawberries didn’t like it so i unplugged the heat mat. now 72f and the strawberries are starting to grow better but the peppers are slowing down. damned if i do, damned if i don’t!

1 Like

I giggled when I saw your cactus arrangement ;-}

7 Likes

Me too, glad I’m not the only immature one lol.

4 Likes

Sure does NOT look like it needs a stronger light@

Mike

1 Like

Yes indeed.

@TheDerek your lighting ideas intrigue me and I’d like to subscribe to your newsletter. How many watts are you burning?

wiener cactus light is citizen cobs and has a 320w driver. don’t remember exactly what it’s pulling. top pic is cxm22 cobs i think, 3000k 90cri, pulling about 220 watts away the wall.

1 Like