Hanners jumbo apple tree

I got it from

Trees of Antiquity

They are in pascoRobles ca

I paid $40 for the tree and $42 for shipping.

Need anything else let me know.

Dave

1 Like

As discussed earlier in this thread, Hanners Jumbo and Hanners Best appear to be different apples (though both quite large). Trees of Antiquity sells the latter.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure the Temperate Orchard Conservancy has Hanners Jumbo. Iā€™ve seen and tasted fruit at Home Orchard Society events.

I took a look at their 12/21 scion list, and they do list ā€œHannersā€, though theyā€™re not more specific than that. You might have to write them to verify which variety (or varieties) they have.

They may the story about the cultivar names, and which are synonymous. They have an apple ID team, and Iā€™m sure thatā€™s come up.

For what itā€™s worth, Pomiferous claims that Hannerā€™s Best was purchased by Stark Bros. and renamed Stark Jumbo. That would make Hannerā€™s Jumbo a larger sport of Hannerā€™s Best, which was in turn a larger sport of Spokane Beauty.

I remember Stark Jumbo from their catalog back in the 70ā€™s. ā€œOne apple makes a whole pie!ā€

3 Likes

Does anyone have a scion of hanners jumbo I could get. also looking for crimson peasgood I am trying to collect huge apples. Last year I grafted Hokuto, pound sweet, twenty oz. This year so far I have Spokane beauty and hanners best coming

Look for Gloria Mundi while you are looking for big ones.

3 Likes

Thanks just got scions for that from 39th parallel

You might want to graft Howgate Wonder as well.

I havenā€™t located a source for Hanners Jumbo yet.

2 Likes