Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow growing fruits.

Cheers,

Tony

10 Likes

Back at you good man.

Yes sir, thank you!

Dax

What do we all have of our own growing on the holiday table?

I only have butternut squash -roasted in orange sauce- but plenty of my onions in the stuffing

Happy Thanksgiving to all yā€™all. I am thankful for all the friends Iā€™ve made on here. Your generosity of knowledge, experience and good humor is greatly appreciated.

Since weā€™re having our T-day feast with the in-laws on Saturday, itā€™s gonna be homemade pizza tonight.

2 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Turkey in the oven, home made pumpkin chiffon pie in the fridgeā€‹:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Nothing home grow :disappointed:

1 Like

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I have no fruits on table but we had Mutsu apple crisp yesterday.

Iā€™m grilling the Turkey this year for the first time, weā€™ll see how it comes outā€¦

2 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving everyone,

I donā€™t have to cook. We will have a smoked turkey (mail-order).

Since we have several family members together so I had them taste-tested 4 apple varieties.

From left to right Sundance, Test A, Test B and Mutsu.

Test A won by a wide margin. Comments were like ā€œtasted an appleā€, "nice texture (firm), ā€œgood blend of sweet and tartā€ , etc.

2nd place was Sundance. Not as sweet as Test A, drier, more tart.

Test B and and Mutsu tasted ā€œoldā€, ā€œgrainyā€ and were the least favorite.

3 Likes

So what is test A?

Sarah,
Would you mind checking out the thread called ā€œCornell Orchard Storeā€?

I posted the pictures of the Test A and Test B apples and their descriptions.

Happy Thanksgiving all! Only my herbs in the stuffing!

1 Like

Happy Thanksgiving, only thing from the garden was a cantaloupe.

1 Like

Thand full to share this forum with all of yā€™all geniuses! Happy turkey day!

1 Like

Thank you mamuang! I see that itā€™s Cornellā€™s testing apples. I thought you were running some blind test using test A and test B to substitute some known Apple variatiesšŸ˜ƒ

So full of thanks for life to become such an adventure, and for your helpful knowledge and encouragement.

Yours for another fruitful season,
Dave