Has anyone started a ‘what are you ordering for 2020?’ Thread yet?

Yeah, I was thinking you’d not lived long at the current place? So, kinda wondered about the willows.

2 Likes

This one has been the easiest plant to duplicate for me.Just put a cutting in a pot and wait a little.bb

4 Likes

The last of my orders are about to come in. White Genoa fig cuttings x2 and a Canadice grape cutting from Fruitwood Nursery.
From Burt Ridge Nursery, Marianna 26-24 plums x2, Interlaken grape, Vanessa grape, Korean tea bush x2, Pixwell gooseberry, and White Imperial currant. I don’t know if I will make any last minute impulse buys.
A number of plants have already arrived.

Plums:
Green Gage plum x2, Opal plum, Prunus americana seedling x2, Chickasaw plum seedling, Krymsk-1 plum rootstock x7, Black Ice plum scion, Hollywood plum scion, Toka plum scion, Superior plum scion, AU-Cherry plum scion, AU-Amber plum scion, Nadia Cherry Plum scion

Persian black mulberry

Apples:
Queen Cox apple, Cosmic Crisp apple, G-41 apple rootstock, Ashmead’s Kernal apple scion, Goldrush apple scion

Pears:
Bosc pear, Taylor’s Gold pear

Nikita’s Gift persimmon

White Gold cherry

Frost peach

Grapes:
Himrod grape, Einset grape

Figs:
Lattarula fig cutting x2, VdB fig cutting x2

Slightly Moldy pawpaw seeds x20

Honestly, it did not seem like that much when I was ordering it.

8 Likes

What are jostaberries good for? Fresh or cooking?

1 Like

It. Never. Does.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Then the boxes start showing up.

On topic: :grin:I have a VdB that was iffy but really has bounced back. It raring to get outside. 3 of my figs are going into the ground and one im planning on putting in the greenhouse (thats about 20% done) It may be VdB.

2 Likes

I have limited experience with their fruit,but to me,early when ripening,are like a Gooseberry and later,turn dark with a flavor closer to a Currant.I’ve only eaten when picked and am not really wild about them.bb

2 Likes

So my ACN surprise(!) order came with an Ark Black too, on M111. I was supposed to order a Redhaven for a friend. Apparently when fiddling with my cart i kept Ark in and moved Redhaven out.
Now i need another spot for a full sized tree.
Well, there are def much worse problems to have. Hub said he never thought he would hear me complain about too many trees.
Somehow i thought i had 12- ish trees. Naw. 22. Not counting crabs and mulberries.

8 Likes

@Reg,
Plan A, keep planting until you run out of space

Plan B learn to graft and start grafting

Plan C Plant in pots and see Plan B

Welcome to your kind, Reg :grin:

8 Likes

just hacked 4 elderberries to make room for a odysso red apple. 2 grapes and a traders mulberry. just when i think i can’t possibly put in more i get a brainstorm. :wink:

7 Likes

Hahaaa! Indeed!!! :grin::grin::grin:

I have at least 5 Odysso, but none have fruit this year. The Odysso scionwood I put on top of my first FRANKENTREE in 2018 is finally off to the races. Strange tree indeed…about half of the limbs have reddish leaves, the other half green ones!!

4 Likes

Sooooo
The surprise order had TWO Arks on m111
Erm
Had to cram TWO full sized trees in. May be crowding illinois everbearing one day. We will see.

I think cocktails were involved with making this order.

4 Likes

I guess I have to add a few more rootstocks to my list. I just ordered 2x g-41 and 9x g-969 from Cummins. I want next year’s apple grafts to have plenty of healthy roots. I also ordered a 0-32 brix refractometer, disposable socks, and 1 kg of GH KoolBloom powder. I may order materials for a callus pipe as well.

2 Likes

What size is 969?

Supposed to be be 40% in WA, and 50% elsewhere.
http://treefruit.wsu.edu/article/geneva-rootstock-performance-2016-rootstock-trial-update/
http://treefruit.wsu.edu/article/2017-geneva-rootstock-tour-observations/

1 Like

A little smaller than G890 or M7a

1 Like

Sounds promising

1 Like

Do you have Indian Free? Mine never produced fruit and got curl. I’d love to taste it someday.

Isn’t Indian Free supposed to not get leaf curl?

I find it resistant but not immune. Same is true of Black Boy.

1 Like