Help needed to ID a tree incorrectly labeled as "Nanking Cherry"

Just saw the latest pictures, def looks like a cherry to me, but maybe a flowering type like Yoshino or Kwanzan.

Thank you all again!
Sorry for the late reply! I was trying to find the photos when I planted the tree. They are attached at the bottom.

@BlueBerry
When I got it, it was a 3 ft tall whip. I was actually surprised by its size.
It’s grafted, shown in the photos. If I had known better, I should already known it was not a Nanking cherry.

@steveb4
I found the recommendations here. Should be easy.
Nanking Cherry: Prunus tomentosa
How do I propagate the Nanking Cherry? If you don’t mind the plants not breeding true, seeds are easiest (and will grow a long, drought-resistant taproot, absent in plants grown from cuttings.) Remove the seeds from the pulp, air dry slightly, then stratify for three months. Seedlings bear by the third year. Alternatively, take softwood cuttings when the fruit is ripening, treat the base with rooting hormone, then keep the cuttings under a mist. Or take 8 to 12 inch hardwood cuttings of one year old wood, planting in well-drained soil in the fall or spring.

@zendog
Thank you Zen for your generosity!

@Lonster
Arborday had Yoshino and Kwanzan listed when I ordered. I highly suspected it was a flowering cherry. But not sure if flowering cherries are usually grafted or not. I know fruiting cherries are.

CherryTree11

3 Likes