Home Renovation II

Earlier this year our old roof and facia were replaced. This afternoon the dogs and I finished installing new hooks in the facia and lights for Halloween. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Backyard fountain at dusk.

14 Likes

Great looking project Richard.

2 Likes

@Richard I have few questions on picture #3 (planting hole with PVC pipe (drain?)

1. I have seen corrugated pipes with holes used for French drains, here you’re using white PVC pipes do they have holes in them and did you cover them with a nylon sock?

2. What is the depth those drainage pipes are installed.

3. What is the purpose of the vertical pipe riser?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Oregon_Fruit_Grow

1. The drain pipe I previously described for planting holes is 3" schedule 40 PVC. The segments in the bottom of planting holes are perforated and covered with geotechnical grade sock, the other portions are solid.
  2. The depth of the pipe is the depth of the hole, 3 to 4 feet.
  3. Every pipe in a planting hole has a 90° “sweep” to the surface. This is to permit pipe monitoring and clean out. A sweep is a broad turn, as opposed to a perpendicular elbow.
2 Likes

Richard, did you win the lottery? Massive operation to say the least
. Can, t see how you can handle all produce your garden will produce. Very nice,!!

1 Like

The heart-shaped pavers are very lovely.

2 Likes

@aap
This renovation occurred 7 years ago. I had previously sold my empty-nested home further south and downsized to this 1/4 acre property. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you. I presume you went with schedule 40 PVC rather corrugated pre-drilled pipe for durability.

1 Like