How is your weather? (Part 2)

Probably a little over an inch here. Just enough where you have to shovel it. They didn’t plow the roads. Temp dropping…down to 19F. I am so not looking forward to this cold that is heading our way.

2 below felt a little chilly on this morning’s walk. By this time next week it’ll be “warm”

Got a few inches here…and then rain. The problem is the warm air never made it in like they said it would (shocker!) and the temp has actually dropped to around freezing. I need to get out there and get rid of the slop before it turns to solid ice.

1 Like

Showing -9F Monday nite. I haven’t seen that -20F yet…yet. It’s still possible.

2 Likes

coldest it hit here was -10 and it was only 1 night in late dec…

Lookslike we could get another -10 Monday nite, but it’s transitory, back to positives numbers thereafter.

1 Like

Some snow for Chicago/S wisconsin this weekend.

Cold north of here. Could see -30Fs in Wisconsin and -40F in N Mn. Another shot of cold air mid week.

1 Like

Windy and light snow , accumulate about 4 " . I don’t want more, you can have all the snow, and low temperatures

My Illinois grown peaches i bought from Woodmans in late summer have sprouted–think they are Cresthaven (box was labeled with variety).

I’ll take cold over snow. It would be nice if we can get some mild air in here by March. Have a nice warm’ish spring. No cold outbreaks.

Didn’t know Woodman sales plants too. Isn’t it a late peach, ripen in Sept?

From seeds i saved. They do sell plants though…have a decent selection of houseplants at my store. Decent seed collection too.

Down to 15F. Nws showing 1 to 3 inches tomorrow.

2 Likes

Nice mild forecast

2 Likes

All things are relative aren’t they.

This is a mild forecast here.

1 Like

We’re heading south of you in a couple weeks. I sure hope your nice weather continues through February.

Long term forecast seems good. Some rain here which we are very happy to have in winter.

You all enjoy your visit. Seems the weather should be quite nice compared to single digits :flushed::+1:

1 Like

We will for sure. I keep trying to talk the wife into a permanent relocation to your free state. Maybe in a few years.

1 Like

We would love to accommodate. This really is a great place to live in a mostly free state!

2 Likes

It’s a balmy -19 as I type this. The temp usually drops a few degrees as the sun comes up. I wouldn’t be offended if this was the last -20+ day of the winter.

It’s been 40-50 degrees in Long Island pretty consistently as of late. Elderberry and tulips are starting to emerge. It looks like we have some cool weather finally coming next week.

We’ve typically had at least 2 or 3 snows of from an inch to perhaps 8 or so inches by this point. Not this year though, we “almost” saw the grass covered/white a few days ago. Instead it’s been rain rain rain. Went to bed last night with the temp at 32F, woke up to rain and it’s 36.

Not looking for multiple feet of snow like some of you are seeing. But I’d be OK with a little bit… :wink: