How is your weather? (Part 2)

Don’t think I hit 60…it was 52 at 11:00 a.m. and 56 at 6:00 p.m. Perhaps 1/10 of rain.

Scattered showers they say but have not seen them. Going to be a hot summer.

1 Like

Rainy couple of days!

dry streak continues here…mid 80Fs again…More humidity should move in and temps should be around 90F tues=Fri…rain chances are possible weds=weekend but not sure how likely. Watering everything.

2 Likes

same here, in the 80s, dead still air. we had a good thunderstorm yesterday but nothing today or any time soon

Fun time of the year to be around Lake Superior. Go near the lake and if the wind is right have a winter jacket on hand. The Apostle Islands sitting in the 40Fs while its 80Fs not far away. We are heading up that way in the next few weeks–i’ll be watching for a lake wind.

1 Like

Rained for an hour yesterday. Dried up, storm blew out. We need three days of rain straight. Not happening. We are heading for a big drought this summer.

1 Like

Our July like weather continues. We haven’t had an inch of rain this spring. Not sure how the U.S. drought monitor doesn’t have this area in early stage drought. The sub soil must still have adequate moisture…

2 Likes

D-1 drought here now

it was 42 this night… Crazy.

We had our first night that remained above 50 here in the Southern Adirondacks. Some pretty strange weather patterns.

1 Like

just came back from Oswego from fishing lake Ontario. was 10 deg cooler there than here yet everything is way ahead.

1 Like

Hot, summer has arrived. Time for fans and airconditioners!

1 Like

Our spring season has felt so weird this year…91/60 on Thursday…57/43 on Saturday…like a yo-yo.

2 Likes

You were in Apple Orchard district! There’s a lot of nice orchards there taking advantage of the lake effect. High School classmates of mine live in Cape Vincent and they get a ton of snow, yet they see green grass way before me. Haven’t been out on Ontario in years. How was the fishing, did you have a guide?

we were on Top Gun. great captain and 1st mate. unfortunately, the bite was off for all boats in our area. only boated 4 browns and lost 2 but at least the weather was great with calm conditions. our air b and b was on the Seneca river and we caught 9 different species there. got alot of firsts for many of us like rock bass , drum, channel cat, carp, smallies, largemouth, white perch etc. my brother and my other brothers 2 stepsons took out the 14ft. canoe to a weedy point upstream where they hooked into 2 very large fish . one broke them off after a 10min. fight pulling the canoe around and almost flipping it. the 2nd, one of the boys grabbed the fishes tail but couldnt get his hand around it and it ran and broke off. they went back a few times but didnt hook up again. that river saved the trip. i did see quite a few orchards from the highway. but none in our area. we were in Baldwinsville. beautiful country up there.

2 Likes

For 12 to 15 days the wind has been from an easterly direction here in Kentucky. At least my area.
Forecast has a few hours of southerly before it turn east again for another several days.

Little rain ever comes from the east. (Hurricane Hugo an exception). (And Sandy.)

we got rain 2 weeks ago this thursday…that was last time…and it was a quick downpour. I mowed yesterday–now watch as my lawn turns brown.

90F yesterday…upper 80Fs today. Cold front moves thru early next week.

92 and dry right now. same tom. water bodies are low. supposed to get some showers tom into fri. but not much from them. we are in a - 4in. deficit since mar 1. my stepson had to evacuate as one of the wildfires burning there came close to his place in Dartmouth, N.S… a new housing complex burnt not far from him. they are in severe drought.

2 Likes

Nor’easter in the forecast Sat-Mon…highs in the 50s and lows in the 40s…great weather for June! :upside_down_face:

Oh yeah…Euro is saying up to 6.5 inches of rain.

1 Like