How is your weather? (Part 2)

Got a very much needed inch of rain overnight/this morning. We’ve had timely rains this year. Much better than last year’s severe drought from April-mid August.

1 Like

Some areas 2-4 more inches rainfall this morning. That is likely to create additional flooding problems along small streams and ditches since things are saturated.

Tilling, grading, dozing…nope, those things are on hold as they have been for a fortnight.

That Rochester, MN south and east area look primed for heavy rain later today. They think an inch or so here with pockets of 2-5 inches north and west. About perfect timing. I used up all my rainwater. Also things are turning brown here quickly…this sand soil dries out so fast. I’ve seen numerous neighbors running sprinklers the last few days.

2 Likes

I watered our veggie garden and tomato/pepper patch earlier this week. It was getting dry. We should be good for at least a week now.

1 Like

Dewpoint is up to 77F here…highest this year. So much juice in the air, just waiting for things to get going this evening/overnite… nws issued flood watches for entire area.

1 Like

That rain warmwax is getting had been predicted for us, but then most of it sagged down the map to southern Wisconsin, where they don’t need it as much. At least our home gage had 1/2 inch. Sounds like less out at my orchard. We in St. Croix County are in severe drought on the Drought Monitor.

2 Likes

They are saying rain could fall at 3 inches an hour in spots, but who knows. Its raining now but not heavy. Last time we had good rain was last sat so should be able to soak up a few inches no problem.

Dewpoint at 79F…its like walking into a sauna out there.