How is your weather? (Part 2)

Yes, it’s forecasted to be the strongest storm ever to that place.

1 Like

the worst of it is going to be southwestern Newfoundland where they rarely see those conditions.

2 Likes

I just saw that Seattle officially had its driest summer on record this year:

And the more surprising thing, now that fall has officially begun, is there’s still no rain in the next week+ forecast:

Nevertheless, since we had a ridiculously wet spring, our reservoirs are still above normal, so I don’t have to feel bad about watering everything all the time:

1 Like

We are getting wave after wave of torrential rain today…probably up around 4-5 inches of rain over the past week.

1 Like

That’s too much! Hopefully you get a break soon.

1 Like

Rainy season is beginning. Sept. And Oct. are known for the time of flooding. I pruned all last weekend. Tomorrow I’ll pick up all of the branches before it rains Saturday! In the seventies during the day and lovely. Much cooler at night. Time for a light blanket!

1 Like

you guys need it but that much rain at once after a drought is going to wreak havoc with your trees. any flooding? least you have sandy soil. 2in. here causes major floods with our soil. got 2in. of rain mid spring this year and it washed out 100yrd piece of Rt . 1 in Cyr plantation when a culvert plugged with debris. took them 46 days to rebuild it.

1 Like

@US_Stormwatch

·

Follow

Hurricane #Fiona, as it approaches the Canadian coast, could produce some of the highest waves ever recorded in the Atlantic. The latest European Wave model has maximum wave heights up to 90 feet (27.4 m)! This would obviously result in catastrophic coastal damage and erosion.

Euro has it about running into Port Hawkesbury and then into Prince Edward Island. Staying just north of Halifax. There really isn’t anything to blunt the impact as it screams in off the Atlantic.

Drove down to Madison today and noticed leaf color change on quite a few trees. Managed about 65F this afternoon. Rain tomorrow as a little warmer air tries to make it back in here for Sat.

Fiona could be devastating to Atlantic Canada…hoping that they are prepared.:pray:t2:

1 Like

It’s in the 40’s for first time in 5 months.

2 Likes

Happy first day of fall!

2 Likes

nice long growing season…45F here which is the coldest one yet. Very dewy–although no fog (east winds).

Looks colder next week. EURO has the freezing line most of WI and into the Ohio Valley. So i would assume frost may be a concern in some areas. As that cold air sinks into the north, should be a hurricane heading into the keys and s Florida.

1 Like

Low of 41.4F here this morning… Wow.

Like many I’ve always heard it said that Seattle is one of the “rainiest” cities in the US… A quick Google search turns up this clarification:

Seattle, Washington, is known by many as the rainiest city in the United States, but it actually does not even come close to the top of the list . While the Olympic Mountains to the west of Seattle act as a rain shadow, the city of Seattle picks up less precipitation each year compared to New York or even Miami.

Anyway, still amazing to have only received a half inch of rain over those 3 months. During the same period we received around 22" of rain. Just over a foot of that was in July alone… One of the rainiest summers we’ve had in a long time…

2 Likes

Seattle has a high number of days each year with at least a trace of rain (150+ days on average), but rarely rains heavily, and the rainy days are usually concentrated in fall/winter/spring. Most years end up getting between 35 and 40 inches of rain, and this chart shows how rare it is for over an inch to fall in a day, even though it’s pretty common for less than an eighth of an inch to fall during most of the year:

So kind of “rainforest lite” :wink:

We had ~59" of rain in 2021 and are currently at 64" so far for 2022.

3 Likes

We were above the forecast of 38, no frost yet.

2 Likes

That’s a lot of rain! We had a wetter than normal late winter and spring, and right now we’re still only at 25.75" for 2022. We ended 2021 with 43.63", which was one of our wettest years in awhile. I’m definitely ready for those fall rains to get started already!

1 Like

Rain tonight! Yayyyy