How is your weather? (Part 2)

Nice and sunny, but it’s colder this morning. No more Santa Ana wind, what a relief, I couldn’t do much in my garden today.

1 Like

None of the white stuff, but two consecutive nights in the teens here…
struggling to get and stay above freezing this afternoon. Sunny.

M-Th looks to be better.

2 Likes

Our trails don’t open until Deer Season has closed, but out local club was out putting signs up on the trails today, in lake-effect whiteout.

1 Like

i heard western N.Y got really pounded. they open them here as soon as there’s enough snow to groom. usually a few feet of heavy wet snow is good. they are also working on signage right now. local snowmobile club was asking for volunteers.

Yes, they get lake effect off Lake Erie and Ontario. In Orchard Park (where the Bills Stadium is) they got 5 foot. Our lake effect usually comes off Ontario. We’re getting it today, we’ll have fun with the new snowblower on the Kubota tomorrow !

1 Like

thats insane in 1 storm! we’ve had 3ft over 48hrs before but that much snow coming down you would have to snowblow every 3-4hrs to keep from being buried in your house. my mother told stories of storms when she was younger that they had to crawl out a upstair window because they were snowbound. my grandfather and uncles had to burrow by hand from the road back to the front door. i have some pictures from the 50’s of them standing on snowbanks even to the power lines. they must have had a strong back back then.

3 Likes

Hope y’all had a great Thanksgiving. Ho-hum weather forecast coming up this week…small storm blowing through today with rain in the low 40s. The rest of the week looks like 30s to 40ish…no major storms on the horizon. Probably going to end up as one of the most snowless Novembers for us.

4 Likes

57F yesterday but cold front moved thru and back around 40F today. Sunshine still. No precip.

Rain/sleet/snow mix Weds but shouldn’t add up to much.

1 Like

Sitting here watching the sun get ready to come up, seeing the blue come into the sky. Gonna be a sunny day.

2 Likes

Plenty of folks ice fishing not far north of here. By this time next week, they’ll be all over the lakes here.

3 Likes

Heavy rain and 50mph wind gusts last night……power is out of at least 24 hours. We have more power outages now than when I was a kid….go figure.

A couple of partly sunny brisk days on tap and then another 50 degree rainstorm with more wind on Saturday……if these storms had been snow we’d be buried.

2 Likes

Got off easy here…just sunny and chilly…after needed rain.

Some in the south got tornadoes and you all got storms, too.

1 Like

was mostly mixed last night and still above freezing now. supposed to be like that all next week. saving on the oil this year is a good thing!

2 Likes

High 20’s with light lake effect snow all day.

2 Likes

12F early…36F later… -30Fs in Alberta this morning.

Warm up.mid 40Fs tomorrow. 20Fs sat and then warming back up. Up and down. Nothing too cold yet.

2 Likes

Still relatively warm for December even for here. I’ll be in Ohio the beginning of January I suspect I’ll get to experience some real cold weather. We’ll see :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, after you visit OHIO this January, report back to us if you think there’s a case for ‘global cooling’ to be made. OK?

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:Will do…

1 Like

Another day in the 50s and another inch of rain in the books. Seasonable and sunny today low 30s.

Another 50 degree rainstorm on tap for Tues/Wed…at this rate there won’t be any ice on the lakes until who knows when…

3 Likes

rain here too. nearly all the snow has melted and more rain this coming week. not looking good for jan1 icefishing but ive seen it go from this to a ft. of ice in a week if the temps go into the -0f day and night which happens often up here. wont be good for my plants though. no snow cover means alot of damage.

1 Like