How is your weather? (Part 1)

we are now -5.49 in. below avg. for the date with dry ,sunny mid to upper 80’s for the next 9 days. starting to water stuff again. we are only 1.49 in. from last years drought amounts for the date. think the rivers lower than it was last aug. if thats possible.

2 Likes

The dry streak officially ended overnight last night in Seattle, when Sea-Tac (official station) recorded a few hundredths of an inch of rain. So 51 days without measurable rain, 4 days short of tying the all-time record set way back in 2017.

When I woke up this morning we had what I’d call a damp fog. It didn’t rain enough for anything to make it down the downspouts into the rain barrels, though.

2 Likes

I drove here to Monticello FL. From Ocala yesterday up Hwy 19 close to the actual coast in the west of the state. From Chiefland FL. To Perry FL was flooded everywhere. Mobile homes inaccessible and some half under water. Drain off under hwy bridges actually breaching the bottom of the bridges. Entire businesses and parking lots, schools etc. Under water. You’ll never hear about it. People there take care of each other. The state will quietly help.and all will go back to normal in a few months. I love Florida. God bless those suffering. God bless those helping…

2 Likes

Rain today, stopping this evening.

pouring rain all morning.

When the weather map shows a purple color for your area and it’s dark enough to look like the sun has set… We were starting to need a good rain, wish we could share with some of you who need it more!

Radar shows it, watching here from Dryland

The street is flowing like a river. Some of the heaviest rain i’ve seen in some time. I’m guessing there will be localized flooding.

4.5 inches of rain so far today.

Ended up with 5.59 and that is the wettest day in h istory for KLSE . Those records go back to the 1880s. Lots of flooding. Had water in the basement, but nothing damaged. Was able to shop vac it up.

5 Likes

Sconnie is getting all the rain it seems. We got .25" yesterday and are about 8" below average for the summer.

drought

1 Like

You can have this rain. There was major flooding around the city. Going to be some flood damaged cars. More rain today. I found a big sinkhole looking thing right by my foundation i’m filling in with soil/sand. try to build that area up some.

Cells forming as they hit the area. Dark reds on the radar. Could be in for round 2 shortly. When it rains it pours.

Finally got a good surface drenching last night overnight. A nearby weather station says 0.11" and that sounds about right. The 10 day forecast says that’s it, though, so the soil moisture isn’t going to improve any time soon, especially with 90°+ days in the forecast later this week. Can’t wait for the fall rains to start next month!

2 Likes

Came across this on twitter.

3 Likes

February in Wisconsin!!! They’ve got to be kidding.

2 Likes

F*** July-August in central texas! Agriculturally speaking AND recreation…

Yeah i laughed at that too. Makes no sense. I’d say late fall. October…sometimes November. Sept is usually still too hot/humid.

Another inch of rain today…storms moving into the region right now. Thundering.

yeah. its hot and dry usually in Maine in aug. most every fruit is done by the 1st week of aug. except late apples, aronia and everbearing raspberries… recreationally if you like the heat i guess its ok. sept.is my favorite time of the year to go camping. warm days, cool nights. weathers pretty stable. no more bugs out. :wink: mid 80’s with some showers around and muggy the next 7 day. the dog days of summer.

1 Like

While I get why they pick summer for the PNW, I prefer the dreary drizzle of winter to the smoky drought of summer personally

PNW has some really nice weather. Mild winters, mild summers. Beats here where we get -30F or 100F+…and most of the summer is very humid.

Ended up with 7.6 inches of rain this weekend.

2 Likes

Supposed to get into the 90s in a few days.
Another heat wave in Port Orchard Washington

I think by ‘best weather’ they probably mean sunshine and not rain/snow.
Sept. is correct many years for Kentucky. October in other years. And once in a great while November is our best month.

1 Like