How is your weather? (Part 1)

Y = Yambu

They were pretty dormant, crowns with little or no growth showing, but they’ve been in over a week now and starting to push

That’s called “strawberry black eye” and it does mean a dead bloom. I’ve found that strawberry are about the most susceptible bloom to frost. I cover mine in bud whenever the forecast is iffy.

Yah, I knew they were Yambu, I just thought you didn’t want it disclosed. I read about them on Nourse’s site, and it’s supposed to be a promising variety.

Well, crap. I was hoping it wasn’t that. I don’t know why they got zapped. It got down to 28 once last week, and 30 last night, so that may have done it? I remember covering them with some straw, tho. Hopefully there’s enough new buds to make up for these losses.

Re: Yambu - I tend to be rather name-impaired, so that all Y-names are as one to me

Dew? What’s that? :wink:

We rarely have moisture from condensation – maybe half dozen times a year.

2 Likes

GFS wants to bring a cold front thru here now Thurs/Fri…complete flip. I might have to bring plants back in again. Something to watch. Ughhhhh… Hopefully its wrong, but the EUro does show a blob moving thru midwest. After that warm again…hmmmmmm

We rarely have a day without it…

1 Like

Wow …
360 days x 0.06 inch/day = 21.6 inches ~= 3 times my typical annual rainfall.

It get so humid here you can see your breath in the moistness. Sometimes it really is crazy. A very low humidity for us would be high 20’s in the winter but that is rare. It’ll go from 35% in ht eday to 95% at night in the same day

1 Like

Do you like that? I remember one 4th of July…it was like 10pm and we were watching the fireworks and the temp was still 90F or better and the dew point was mid/upper 70Fs…it was almost hard to breath. I remember i had to take my daughter back to the car to sit in the AC…and even that had a hard time cooling us down. Great for plant growth///at least the more tropical stuff, but my old bones don’t care for it…but that is why mother nature invented AC.

I’m full of arthritis. The heat is nice to my bones but the humidity can just take your breath away. I have gotten used to it but from time to time I have to retire to the AC as well. It can get truly annoying but I was raised in Ohio and I’ll take this over Ohio all day every day. I will say we have had the nicest late winter early spring I have in my memory of 29 years here…It’s been just absolutely perfect for the most part.

grrrrrr

So is that like “unseasonably cool” or hard freeze they’re talking about?

Sorry…

Beautiful day here. I had to be at home this morning to supervise on of those moving PODS being delivered, and then spent the afternoon tearing trees out.

I got all of my small trees moved to a temporary site for the growing season.

While working I was able to get away with short sleeves. Pretty awesome.

4 Likes

Just another 87F day lol

2 Likes

You beat me by 20% on the low humidity and 10° on the high temperature. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, we get very hot and extremely dry once our warm season kicks in lol (another month roughly)

1 Like

looks like we’re gonna crack 60 tues.! melting like crazy! flood warnings out along the rivers. pretty impressive to watch when the ice breaks up. chunks the size of cars all pushing up on themselves. very dynamic!

1 Like

mid 60Fs here the next few days… :sunny: midweek turns cooler but next weekend looks like we run towards 70F…

Doesn’t look wet the next 10 days so that is good…don’t need any moisture.

There is a heatwave of sorts across Europe…i noticed currently its 81F in Paris.

1 Like

So far, the forecast lows for the midweek are holding just above freezing, but I don’t trust them

Yup…right above freezing here every night …i left a bunch of plants out last night and the low was 34F … i think if we get lucky the whole week will be safe.

1 Like