How is your weather? (Part 1)

Finally we have a warm ‘streak’. Taking out plants too.

5 Likes

Finally getting some much needed moisture, with little or no snow (with any luck). Looks like we may get as much as 1.75" of liquid over the next few days, with more storms to follow a few days afterwards. While we have not been as dry as the SW of Colorado, it has been a fairly dry winter, so this water will help (except with the spray schedule).

1 Like

Wow, that’s insanely above average for this time of year for the northeast. Enjoy!

1 Like

It’s not noon here, and it’s already 80! Very windy, though. Since we haven’t had any rain in about a week, I actually watered the strawberries, and will water the newly planted black and raspberries as well.

Since it’s supposed to stay warm, I’ve started to leave the potted apple grafts outside overnight.

We’re supposed to get rain Friday and Sat, but not enough to matter too much. Before that comes in, I’m going to disk and till the garden plots.

1 Like

74f and windy. warmest day of the season so far.

4 Likes

Watching Weather Channel (10:30 eastern), they’re showing tornado warnings near OKC and south of KC, heading east. :fearful::fearful:

Heads up @Olpea and @Borer_the_explorer!

Just passed through here about 15 min. ago. Nothing too major. Just wind and rain. Some down power lines.

Borer is a bit south of the main thrust, but it should be hitting his area now. Hopefully not any stronger than what we got.

2 Likes

I just got an alert on my phone. Thanks for thinking of us.

2 Likes

I’ve got two tornado warnings on my phone but it’s not even sprinkling

Watching tv now, they said a radar indicated tornado just NE of Warrensburg, moving east towards Longwood, north of Sedalia. Also a strong cell NE of Odessa. Are you south of all that?

The entire line of rain and storms is moving east, so you’ll probably get a little shower soon.

It all went north of me. All we received was a few rolls of thunder and a couple of drops of rain.

1 Like

Inch and a half of rain

Every plant out there doubled in size overnite!

1 Like

little over an inch last 48 hours…super dense fog early…sun and warm now. Everything popping hard here. Mid month looks like you better have the AC ready to go.

More of it out there, heading our direction. Got lots of spraying to do, hope Fri will be good for it.

CAR galls popped overnite, too

Fire weather watch tomorrow. Dry as a bone with strong winds, we haven’t had any measurable rain this spring

1 Like

Heaviest seems to be staying just south of here.

1 Like

Current.

It is about right, we got a lot of rain in past 12hours

Really warm today, in the high 80s. We’ve resisted turning on the AC, but it’s really warm in the house, even with he fan on and windows open. Not supposed to get below 60 tonight, so it could be another uncomfortable night.

Our niece is getting married later Sat afternoon, over at the in-laws place. Outside, with canopies/tents. So, we are really watching the forecasts for the next couple of days. Some are saying scattered showers, others are saying maybe a steady rain. For the new couple’s sake, we’re obviously hoping for just a passing shower and nothing more.

1 Like

Moving back into the 90’s here. Can’t complain, We had a Wonderful Spring, Best in many years. And it looks like reasonable humidity for now…

2 Likes