How is your weather? (Part 1)

That’s odd. We hit 104f and we’re well west of you guys. Normally it’s the other way around lol

Yep, we had weird winds today.

We went down to 40F last night. We’ve had nights in the mid 40’s regularly and nothing is growing in the veggie garden.

What do you expect living in a place with cold in its name? (Cold Brook)

3 Likes

In Newfoundland- east cost of Canada. They had like 8-10 inches of snow today!!

Meanwhile here summers good, Canada Day weekend is going to be pretty warm. Whatt, it will feel like 113F & 111!Ohh It’ll be great to experience that…LOL
58 PM

1 Like

you in Ontario?

I’m reminded of this scene from Good Morning Viet Nam…

https://youtu.be/Uv1vbCBDeFU

2 Likes

What a genius

1 Like

Yes

figured either there or on the BC coat. not too many zone 5 areas in the great white north. :wink: im right on the Maine/N.B border. my ancestors are all from Quebec. my stepson lives just outside halifax, N.S . i spend just as much time in Canada as i do in the U.S.

2 Likes

Looks like we’ll have Santa Ana wind conditions next week, which will probably cause my peach, blackberry, and kei apple fruits to ripen all at once. :slightly_smiling_face:

Got a needed inch of rain last night, along with enough nickel - quarter sized hail to cover the hood of my pickup. I’m hoping the hail didn’t trash too much of my apple crop.

3rd heat wave of the year - still before July

Finally 88 F today! Will have to water my veggies in pots today. We usually do not have these temps till mid-July!

2 Likes

mid 70’s today beengetting some beneficial thundershowers on a regular basis finally. going to be in the upper 80’s with 3 days in the low to mid 90’s ! for us thats like you guys in KS or MO hitting 110f with dewpoints in the 70’s! grow plants grow!

2 Likes

Gosh, it got to 97 yesterday and 94 today, plus it’s muggy too, with little wind. Not pleasant at all. I had to mow today, took a few breaks as the sun was brutal. We had storms all around us yesterday, but got just a few sprinkles. We had thunder today, but nothing either. Folks over in WV not far from here got some flooding while we basically got bupkus. Still not complaining, as my tomatoes are loving the heat.

4 Likes

The scene at Oceanside (CA) Beach today, from the harbor jetty looking south.

6 Likes

Yesterday :fire:

We had a low of 43F last night. Way too many nights in the 40’s this late in the season.

We have a reprieve for a couple of days . Day time in the 70’s night in the 60’s Heaven!!! Hate to see my puppy panting!

2 Likes