How is your weather? (Part 1)

95°F today at Disney California Adventure Park in Anaheim CA.

9 Likes

72°F this evening at Disney Tomorrowland Skyline Terrace :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Was pretty warm today, got to 92 I think. But, the good news is that we’ve had off and on showers during the day and some more tonight. I just went outside after the last one came thru, and we’ve got about a quarter inch so far. We are having another brief shower now, but that should do it for tonight.

We really needed the rain, it was 10 days ago that we had our last good shower. Had to get out and water the gardens again Friday as things were getting bit crispy. This natural watering will give everything a nice boost.

It’s also supposed to drop down into the 80s for the rest of the week, but will be more humid. It’s been a very warm, dry summer so far.

I spent some time yesterday staking up my peppers as they were getting a bit too heavy, I was worried about them tumping over in windy, wet conditions. Some are about 2ft tall now, and are putting out some fruit now.

It seems I’m also putting about 10 stakes a day up on my tomatoes, they’re getting quite large now, and somewhat unwieldy. Thankfully it looks like they’re finally putting on more flowers than before. It could be because it hasn’t been so blazing hot the last few days.

1 Like

Blessed be the cold front!

2 Likes

raining hard right now. boy did we need it! should get 1in or better w/ some of the thunderstorms. plants are singing! :wink:

1 Like

Muggy, cooler outside than in!

1 Like

same here but after tonight its going to be much better!

Rain eh?

1 Like

Pouring now in Worcester. Got Flash flood warning on ny phone twice around 1:30 pm and 3:30pm. Some streets are flooded.

Good for my garden.

1 Like

We received 9/10” rain Saturday, praise God! Boy was it needed. It soaked right in, and is hard to tell it rained at all. Currently 82 and 74% RH. This a great break from those upper 90s temps. We got a light sprinkle this morning, it’s still cloudy with chances of rain tonight. The crops, pastures, gardens and orchards would be delighted delighted with more rain. :wink:

Hope its on the way. My apples and peaches need bulking up ! My grass is brown!

90°F in the shade this afternoon at Disneyland’s 63rd birthday celebration :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I like the mask

1 Like

What mask?

2 Likes

We had a pretty good downpour last evening and a light rain most of the night. My veggie garden and nursery bed have responded positively. I decided to plant some new hostas I picked up yesterday and was surprised to find under the mulch on the ornamental beds the soil is still dry as a bone (about 8-10" of woodchip).

same here. after the heavy rain this morning , i dug down 3in. into the mulch around noon time and it was still dry down there! lawns are all burnt here. more rain predicted tonight.

Just hadxa short downpour! Really need more. Continuing to rain dance!

3 Likes

LOL

4 Likes

We had some pretty epic rain in northern VA yesterday…

"There had been no measurable rain at Reagan National Airport, Washington’s official weather site, in 19 days, including none in the first 16 days of July, a record. Then, in 42 minutes, the heavens unloaded 2.63 inches as intense thunderstorms barreled through the region.

“I’ve been here 40 years,” said airport observer Nicholas Parrell. “I’ve never had that.”

In all, 2.79 inches fell in just over an hour, setting a record for July 17 and besting the 2.05 inches from 1945. It was the airport’s biggest single-day rainfall in almost a year (since July 28, 2017) and the second-most for a July day since 1975.

“That certainly is a very heavy amount for a short period of time,” said Chris Strong, warning coordination meteorologist at the National Weather Service office in Sterling, Va., in an email.

In the afternoon, 0.95 inches of rain fell in just nine minutes and 1.22 inches fell in 15 minutes. Such rainfall intensities are expected only once every 10 to 50 years on average."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2018/07/17/extraordinary-record-rainfall-drenches-reagan-national-airport-2-63-inches-in-42-minutes/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.c299a228c592

1 Like

Not far from you up in Howard County, MD, we got about 1” Monday but barely a quarter inch Tuesday. We could still use more rain.

2 Likes