How is your weather? (Part 1)

Bad flooding in mid-Wisconsin - hope no one is washed away

might be close to warmest summer on record for N. maine. up to 47 days 80f and above. plants loved the extra heat but so did the bugs/ fungus issues.

1 Like

The heat is back after 4 days and the humidity is hideous . No rain. My tomato plants have zero blight, they are just turning yellow and dying.

my brothers just outside hartford, CT. says its terrible heat and humidity and he loves the heat!

Haven’t seen Rob here for about a week - he usually has weather news, and he lives right in the middle of that WI flood area

1 Like

pretty bad out there. weather channel covered it this morning. hope hes ok.

1 Like

Pathetic weather guessers went from predicting 1"+ of rain with “dangerously heavy” storms to now predicting a few tenths. All within less than 12 hours. Sad

2 Likes

A butterfly flapped its wings.

2 Likes

All it does is rain here. Some areas are going to be pushing 15 to 20 inches of rain in the last 2 weeks. Rained all day today. Looks cooler late week with highs around 70F.

Veggies all done here for me…just have pears to harvest and i’m finished. Hopefully we get some sort of normal next year…doubtful.

Cool air builds into Canada mid Sept…maybe tap into some of that late month…get some real fall weather down here.
https://weather.gc.ca/ensemble/naefs/semaine2_combinee_e.html

2 Likes

Yeah…not any problems here…just busy with kids/etc this summer–school starts tomorrow :sunny: . The heaviest rains were just south of me here. Actually areas just north of here have had far less rain. Basically south of i90 .

1 Like

It was 93 here today, with close to 90 the rest of the week, and mostly dry. We did get about 2" on Friday and Sat, though. It’s been a somewhat dry and pretty hot summer. I’d say we’ve had about 6-7" of rain since the first of July, kinda low for us. We’ve had many days in the 90s this summer, more than previous years. I was outside about an hour around noon picking tomatoes and peppers for salsa and had to change shirts, quite steamy.

I know the weather has little to do with it, but it hasn’t kept me from getting a nasty head cold. Been hacking, sneezing and coughing for about a week. My wife has had it too, as others around here.

1 Like

Good to hear it

I’m totally ready for fall

Weather guessers in the T.C. metro are saying heavy rain possible down your way later today too.

We finally got a few tenths a couple days ago and about .5" so far today. I’d be happy if we got another 1"+ today.

mid 70’s low humidity. nice overall.

1 Like

1 Like

Looks like that rain stayed…at least the heaviest just north of me here–Rochester to Eau Claire–from 4-6 inches. Actually the Winona area about 20 mins from here had a tornado at one point. We had about 2 inches of liquid last night… Add it up and i think we are sitting about 10 inches or so in the last 2 weeks in my yard. With areas to the south at 20 inches or more.

The forecast looks MUCH better

1 Like

Here, they’re predicting the tropical storm to come by on the weekend

1 Like

Tis the season for watching the Atlantic. Florence formed not far from the coast of Africa - bad omen. Another is forming too. On my tree guy’s schedule to get some trees trimmed soon (hopefully). After hurricanes hit, prices go up, and availability goes down.

1 Like

What Hurricane?

Hurricane Florence.