How is your weather? (Part 1)

Isn’t she gone?

She’s in the Atlantic. Heading for DC presently.
https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1+shtml/203357.shtml?gm_track

Oh no! Ugh!

You may have been thinking of Gordon. The graphic shows another forming behind Florence - given 70% chance of developing into a hurricane.

Yes It was! Thanks. None of them are good. My house is back on the market and I really don’t want trouble!

1 Like

Hot summer in these parts…#3 on record going back to 1873.

@ 192 we have a hurricane parked off the east coast…looks like it doesn’t get any further west on this run…just sits off the coast…who knows…a ways out still.

Miserable, 80’s abd tii humid for good health. No AC , so I go to bed at night and don’t move. By now we usually have evening breezes.

Gordon remnants may [or may not] be heading here bearing more rain

Regarding Florence the latest GFS has it hitting the mouth of the Chesapeake (sorry @JustAnne4!), as does the Euro, but that’s at 9 days, so who knows for now. Still too far away.

2 Likes

It looks like the front yesterday may have brought in fall - I hope so

They’re now saying Gordon won’t come so far north as here so things might dry out a bit

28 degrees north of me about 2.5 hours this a.m. Only got to 40 here.

Fall is coming

1 Like

:fearful::fearful::fearful:

Latest models have it getting close to the coast then swinging out to sea. But that’s still 8 days from now, so nothing is certain.

1 Like

… except change - Heraclitus

1 Like

…and death, and taxes…:blush:

Oh brother! It is threatening to rain, and the radar says rain and thunderstorm, but still, Nada! It has been blisteringly hot this past week, and today the rain would be a respite. No go. Still living in my unsold, Victorian house! Frustrating!

1 Like

Be careful what you wish for :slight_smile:

Well dry gulch here did not live up to its name, we actually got measurable rain the last few days, 0.75" so far. First time in several weeks. While that puny amount likely caused some snickering for those of you who can pick that up in a few minutes, when you are in a drought even that relatively small amount can make a big difference. It should keep wildfires at bay for a week or so, and will help the local vegetation survive. As well as giving me a few days off watering the garden and trees.

I was hoping that some of that hurricane moisture would find its way to us, but current predictions have it heading to the Midwest instead.

Ok lightly raining now thank God. Any water will be a relief!

1 Like

We finally have had some good rains after a very dry stretch here near St. Paul in western Wisconsin. On the other hand, our cabin in southern Wisconsin is armpit deep with floodwater inside. I’m not sure if the sound of raindrops on the roof are music to my ears or a sad reminder of what is going on down there.