How is your weather? (Part 1)

In the 60’s finally some rain on and off today. This afternoon finally had more rain. Quiet now in the evening. More rain tomorrow I hope. Don’t want a hurricane here!

I’m not seeing any chance for a real freeze until mid-Nov

had 30f and a good frost 2 nights ago. killed my cukes and string beans. supposed to get back in the 80’s again for the next week. just hope it doesn’t linger into oct. like last year. got 1/2in rain today.

2 Likes

Very nice cool shot mid/late next week on Euro model run this afternoon… Fall will be in the air. I predict much frolicking and prancing in the refreshing Canadian sourced cool air. However…warmth moves in right behind :frowning:

Ohhhhhh…into the 60’s at night!!

I want 60Fs for daytime high temps…for about 6 months.

Mosquitoes are beyond bad in the shade. Swarms of them up here…man eaters…vampires.

Mini heat wave in the works for the next 5…mid to upper 80Fs coming back…more swimming? could happen.

1 Like

yep. low 80’s here for the next 4 days then cooler next week.

1 Like

88F right now with 70F dew point… it’s like July outside. Weird how dry it has become the last week+…went from never ending rain to nonstop sun. Mosquitoes make it almost impossible to do yardwork. Mid late next week looks to flip the pattern…with heavy rains and much much cooler temps. Maybe back into the 60Fs for highs by next weekend… I’m ready… Way too much AC this summer…

2 Likes

Just got my electric bill

1 Like

I love bills. Those are my favorite :wink:

Next weekend still looks like we may be in the 60Fs for high temps…heavy? rain late next week. The following week could see some even cooler temps…

Ragweed still causing some issues, but its getting better. Longest allergy season i can remember. Very early August i think is when i noticed the first symptoms…usually its more like the 10th of Aug.

1 Like

Noticed it early here, too

I’ve switched to Zyrtek - it works well

2 Likes

A daily zyrtek and a squirt of generic Flonase in each nostril has done wonders for me. Pretty much makes ragweed season “liveable” for me

2 Likes

91 in southern MN and much of WI today (on the road). Fall arrives in central MN on Monday if the forecast is correct

Yes, works for me too – although Claritin seems to have an edge over Zyrtek for my system. :sunny:

1 Like

Well it looks like Florence has taken a literal detour around VA. It has been overcast for many days, but I don’t mind b/c when the sun hits our moist ground, it makes a sauna, and, things grow like crazy, most notable at this time, the grass. The garden is pretty much finished except for the beans. Looking forward to cooler weather.

1 Like

Looks like we will be well into the 80’s in October again this year. I guess it will be good for my pumpkins.

2 Likes

I mainly stick with Loratadine because its dirt cheap if you buy it at Costco. I usually have to take a couple…one usually doesn’t cut it. I have the squirt in the nose stuff but forget to take it. I would say my ragweed allergy is severe and this year was one of the worst//earliest/longest.

Hot…upper 80Fs again here…humidity a tad less but still humid. Mosquitoes are unbelievably bad still. Trying to pick raspberries and need to get a truck of DDT in here to clear the way.

2 Likes

91F ///super humid but rain moved thru…first time we’ve had rain since Sept 5th…

Looks wet this week…Fri should be in the 60Fs.

Could use some wet. Got new grass seed coming up, takes forever to keep it watered every day