How is your weather? (Part 1)

Should be wet this week…

Drove back home from southcentral WI today. It was in the upper 80s all the way until we got just west of Minneapolis. A front went through and in a span of maybe 25 miles the temp dropped to the upper 50s. It also rained heavily for maybe 35 miles or so…got home and the ground was barely damp. Not enough in the rain gauge to be measurable. It’s been a really weird rainfall year in my little corner of the world.

1 Like

thats hitting us tom. im tired of 80’s.

3 Likes

it’s been pretty hot here the last 2 weeks and not much rain…except yesterday…all that heat built up and we had a huge storm blow through even saw some hail…take a look at the videos…right around the 18 second mark on the first one you’ll see the camera jump…there was a huge bolt of lightning…

https://youtu.be/EkwkfO-Z4pg

https://youtu.be/zAGaJbkE5xM

Lots of rain across Iowa/Wi/MN this morning… should be an all day wash out here.

Next week looks VERY fall like. 50Fs looking more likely as we close out the month (for high temps)… Lots of 60Fs. GFS shows a little warm up back into the 70Fs for early Oct…

First frost/freeze is just around the corner.

1 Like

Got the end of Florence yesterday and this am. Lots of wind, rain and thunder! Finally. So glad we were on the end of that hurricane!

1 Like

It’ll never reach us - and we could use it

Does it freeze too hard there to consider steel irrigation pipe?

We have had a warm (low 90’s) summer with plenty of rain, but no flooding. Now this week we are having some of our hottest weather. Getting into mid 90’s with no rain. Should make the sugars in fruit concentrate…if it doesn’t cause them to split. Though the only fruit I had mature this year was a few peaches, Asian pears and the citrus is still growing. We had a late freeze this past spring in March that killed almost all the baby fruit. I am ready for a little cool down.

TFN

I’m sure it must

Normally we have no need for irrigation here, but it’s frustrating when they forecast rain, you see the rain out there, but it never falls.

1 Like

Forecast for today about 24 hours ago: 1-2" of rain with t-storms most of the day.
Forecast for today about 12 hours ago: 3/4-1" of rain with t-storms most of the day
Forecast now: 1/10-1/25" of rain. Got maybe 1/4" in the gauge as I type this.

Just a weird year here. It’s like there’s an umbrella over my land.

1 Like

It just poured this afternoon…flooded streets, the whole works. Sun was out right after. We’ve got a few inches in the last couple of days. Looks like fall shows up tomorrow…high of 60F with falling temps.

Extended looks cool after a short warm up Monday.

Are you just too far south? NE Iowa was getting a lot of rain. Move north… :wink: My sister was complaining of the heat in Omaha yesterday///we were clouds/rain off and on all day.

Seeing low temps dropping into the 40Fs in the next week…a few nights. Free AC.

RIght along I -88

A few miles north, there was rain, here - raindrops

At my location I’d be thrilled to have 1/4" rain.

1 Like

I’m happy to receive whatever rain falls. It is just weird that the rain has gone around me most of this summer.

2 Likes

Holy cow. That sounds sooooo good. Our humidity now is kinda stifling. We won’t see that until November…maybe.

1 Like

Yeah…looking forward to cooler weather…would love a long stretch of 50Fs and 60Fs… perfect outdoor temps in my opinion.

GFS hints at frost maybe end of month…we shall see… NAEFS second week looks very cool models are showing some chill.

2 Likes

Got to 90 here today, and supposed to tomorrow as well. That should be the end of a very warm summer. Then we’re in for cooler temps and rain starting Sunday, just in time for the first days of fall. Might dip into the low 50s next week.

:astonished: