How is your weather? (Part 1)

expecting Indian Summer.

1 Like

First frost here is average Nov. 10-22…

1 Like

Frost/Freeze headlines up for the entire area. Local showing 34F. Tropicals spend the night inside.

Local earliest 32F is Sept 13… avg is Oct 9th…and the latest was just 2 years ago…Nov 9th…

2 Likes

That IS late, especially for your area

30 degrees right now. It was 28 when I checked around 5 a.m. Thus ends the growing season

3 Likes

Didn’t notice any frost…bird bath had no ice. The cold areas all just to my east were in the mid 20Fs so i’d guess we were probably just above freezing before the cloud monster showed up…very very thick sheet now. Won’t get out of 50Fs today.

A lot of rain chances in the extended. Hopefully not all stinkers.

I’ve always noticed my marigolds (that reseed naturally now) are just vibrant in the fall. Full of flowers. Nicotiana also seems to flower heavily in the fall.

2 Likes

Looks like the aftermath of Rosa will hit Phoenix instead of San Diego.

1 Like

4 corners might get some relief from the drought

1 Like

my boys stat6ioned at Yuma Marine base,AZ. gonna need that new Dodge 4x4 he just bought to get around tues!

1 Like

It’s as dry here as it’s been since the dirty thirties. Ponds have lost 6 feet of water and we are at 10” of moisture for the year. The drought has killed many trees 6-7 years old. So far my ponds still have water and deer, raccoons, birds etc. tracks are everywhere around the ponds. As bad as that sounds it’s actually a really good thing. I’m getting work done I could not do unless there was a drought like this.

4 Likes

Wow… didn’t realize you’ve had so little rain. Maybe you’ll get lots of ice and snow this winter :santa:

Been stuck in the 40Fs and 50Fs here for 3 days now. Looking forward to some sunshine after all this cloudiness. Most people have turned furnaces back on.

Rain today…rain weds but much warmer (warm front moves through–maybe 80F)…strong cold front weds night…maybe 60F thurs (sun!!!)…rain friday… sat looks dry but cool…rain sun…warm air again Mon… Looks very up and down with lots of rain chances.

Looking day 8 to 14…naefs shows summer in the SE and very much winter in the plains/NW… the in between is where i sit…hmmmmmm

1 Like

1 1/2 inches - happy rain dance!

2 Likes

Cooling a wee bit but still pretty hot!!

mid 50’s low 40’s at night. some rain here and there. no big frost predicted but other than my greenhouse everything is done for the season. getting lots of blewits and wine caps coming up in the mulch. gave away 10lbs today. :wink:

Not a single drop of rain from Rosa.

Rain for two days now and it is still humid and in the 70’s. The weatherman and Accuweather says it goes down to 59 degrees by the sea in Newport, RI, but I was just out in my garage, and it is balmy! The rain is very good for my tomato plants that were planted too late this year and the heat is even better. My house still has not sold. I am sad!

1 Like

Wow. :cry:

People are lining up to buy houses here and there are bidding wars.

5 days straight of clouds…thick clouds…starting to go a little nuts. Maybe sunshine on Thursday…maybe. Mostly stuck in the 50Fs. Reminds me of November or even December. I remember one stretch of around 20+ days of straight clouds…yuck.