How is your weather? (Part 1)

Currently approaching Minneapolis and Thunder Bay.

Capture

It’s snowing west of me about 40 minutes. Should be here relatively soon

Edit…yup, it’s snowing. Oh joy

3 Likes

Was cool now very balmy again. Time for a flu shot!

2 Likes

About an inch of snow on the grass/in the woods. If the ground wasn’t as warm and wet as it was, I’d guess we’d have 3-5". A bit early for this crap

1 Like

Yum! Love snow…I hope its one of those years that we get 3 inches every other day for months on end :wink:

41F breezy with some flurries maybe here… freeze warning up for everywhere in the area.

2 Likes

A week from now should be back into the mid/upper 60Fs with sunshine.

Just looking…the 850mb temps for Monday don’t look quite as cold on this run…maybe upper 20Fs to around 30F locally…might escape (the few flowering plants i have left) another week if we can squeeze thru.

2 Likes

Saw first snowflakes of the winter here east of Minneapolis/St. Paul today.

3 Likes

A balmy 23 degrees here now.

edit…21 now. sheesh

2 Likes

“”“Only”"" dropped to 34F. Sitting at a blistering 39F with a hole of blue every now and again…and even a ray or 2 of sunshine. NOt much of that lately. Winter is about a month early.

STill on tap for a warm up late next week…maybe eek out a 70F depending on clouds/winds and all that fun.

Looking at the GFS…i really think a hard freeze isn’t coming for at least 2 weeks in this part…maybe longer. GFS is mild ish in the long range… Maybe my flowers have some time yet.

I saw frost this morning, but nothing killed. No flowers worth saving by now, already got in the tender veggies

Let it come and kill the mosquitoes!

1 Like

Wow, got down to 41 this morn, and only 62 now, but sunny. Hope we can keep it above freezing over the next week, as some peppers need to ripen. Qujte a difference co pared to 85 on Tuesday. We can finally shut off the AC for the season.

1 Like

No lettuce this year? I still have celery out there. It isn’t too bad this time around. All the rain helped i think. Still never sized up that much (the stalks are somewhat skinny)…i used some in chicken noodle soup…worked well.

1 Like

Tail end of Michael went off shore about 12pm today from RI. Buckets of water for two days.

1 Like

Yes, still have lettuce.

Needed a sweatshirt today. So nice. Hurricane Michael blew down my yacon forest last night. Looks kinda funny. Not too much else affected. Winds hit 67mph overnight. Somehow I slept through it.

1 Like

Happy dance! Rain is starting to come down!

2 Likes

We got a few sprinkles and I hear the thunder. Did you get much?

Not really, we did get a decent amount of thunder and the lightning must have been relatively close as they cancelled our local high school football game and herded everyone into the gym. We had been talking about going - glad we decided against it!

I have an old 36g trash can that I use as a rain barrel and use it to water a couple of the more pH sensitive plants (miracle & blueberry bushes) throughout the summer. After the initial shower hopefully washed the worst junk off the roof, I just took the lid of the trashcan and maybe it’ll get refilled overnight.

1 Like

my sons stationed not far from you in Yuma,AZ and he said its raining there also.