How is your weather? (Part 1)

In northern Utah our high today is 58, tomorrow’s high is in the 40s and the low is 29. Good baking weather.

4 Likes

Very happy to have received 0.3 inches in this storm. :tada:

1 Like

Raining here too…38F ! Beautiful day.

GFS model was horrible on todays rain…at least a few days ago had a few drops overnight…now rain all day.

2 Likes

Snowflakes mixing in with the rain this afternoon…mmmm…

Looking into late October…the colder then norm temps look to sit over Texas and the SE/NE… more typcial October weather for the areas to the west.

it’s been coming down all day. Most is melting as you can see, but still shocking as its a little earlier than I’m used to. But I’m in MN so I guess i shouldn’t let the weather shock me.

2 Likes

10-12" of new snow last night. Fairly cold too, 10F last nite and it’s suppose to touch 0F tonight. I guess winter is finally here (or at least summer is over) :grin: Should melt off next week as it is forecast to be sunny with highs in the 40’s.

1 Like

im sure thats coming my way soon.

Aren’t they supposed to have another season in there somewhere?

Oh we will get fall, it may just come after some winter :wink: Actually this is pretty normal for us, a couple of early bouts with winter like weather followed by a warm up.

The snow is sticking here in La Crosse… :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: Too early.

Still looks like a nice warm up late week back into the 60Fs. I’m going to cut my remaining celery and bring in a strawberry plant with fruit.

1 Like

I was planning to move some strawberry plants yet this year. Think its too late?

Still waiting for the cauliflower to start heading

1 Like

Lois that usually starts for me the end of Aug. then I wrap the keaves around the small heads, so they grow.

1 Like

90 and in the pool today. 40’s by this time tomorrow!

Too hot then. Broccoli is heading now, cauliflower -should- be right behind

Did you ever try growing the Yellow/Orange colored cauliflower called ‘Cheddar’?

I have grown Cheddar in past years. Did pretty well here, and liked the taste. But my usual seed suppliers stopped carrying it so have not grown it in a few years. Mostly grow the early whites and some of the purple these days.

No, I’ve always grown Snow Queen

We’re having Santa Ana wind conditions for the next few days. Clear skies, steady 15 mph wind from the NW, and relative humidity at 12%.

I think i tried it but it didn’t work too well (spring heat waves ruin everything here). I did grow graffiti? the purple heads…they did probably the best. The key around here is to have stuff going very early because for some reason it snows one day and the next it is 90F in spring.

Snow was still on ground this morning. Melted now. Still haven’t had a hard freeze. Plants outside still look fine. Next Sunday morning is the next chance…mid 20Fs…maybe.