How is your weather? (Part 1)

Just another “November” day hehe :sunglasses:

1 Like

3 days of rain/snow mix in the forecast here. This time next week we are supposed to have highs in the 20s and lows in the low teens. Yippee :roll_eyes:

I do not remember so late and so wet fall ever since 1997, year I came to the country. I can’t even collect and shred the leaves - my chipper chocks on them when they wet. We dry them in my husband truck bed with cap - open it when rain stops. By this time I should already have at least 2/3 of needed amount for the year collected, shredded and stored. But we didn’t even started yet. And there is not much leaves on the ground around as well. And with Gypsy moth damage to oak leaves, not to much to hope for later in the game - oaks look transparent, though they didn’t even started to loose leaves. I have no idea what I will use to mulch my veggies with next year…

Another rainy weekend…this past week was perfect…lots of sun…frosty every morning but calm and sun most afternoons… Lots of frost but some plants are still green. The celery still looks good and the strawberry bed is still very much alive. I think the lowest temp in my yard has been mid 20F ish.

Pattern change coming? Looks awfully winter’ish

Much colder air then invades the region Tuesday into the end of the work week as a broad trough sets up across the CONUS. High temperatures Thursday into next weekend will struggle to get out of the 30s with lows in the teens. A few systems to keep an eye on too Thursday night into Friday with the potential for rain and snow.

Please send us a pattern shift!
This is suppose to be the start of our rainy season!!!

2 Likes

I fear that by the time the leaves are down, the ground will be frozen starting midweek

Leaves are still falling. The rains have started :frowning: Hopefully no snow until December
50%20PM

2 Likes

Not for us - no really cold weather on the horizon.

been warm and wet here but cold coming in tom. with high winds.

1 Like

Got about 1.5" of snow on the ground yesterday/last night. Single digit low temps in the forecast for the end of the week. Seems awfully early for this crap.

2 Likes

Winter has come

4 Likes

low 50’s cloudy and windy. cold front coming going to plumet the temps and measurable permanent snow seems to be on the horizon soon. time to put out the vole poison.

2 Likes

25F and windy and snow is blowing this afternoon…my pond is iced over. Roads this morning were bad. Accidents/cars off the road all over. Salt trucks out ----road salt season has begun!

LoL… yes…very early it seems. Avgs here are still upper 40Fs and we’ve been well below that all week … At least for here…next Thurs looks upper 40Fs…and the extended after does show a hint of upper 50Fs…so i’m going to risk it beause i have plants that need to be put in the ground and i’m not doing it until it warms back up some.

Droopy. Overcast Chilly about to rain. November!

Ridiculous fire weather here.

2 Likes

Temp in the teens here with a windchill right around -1. The long range forecast here shows we may hit the low 30s by next weekend. Oh boy

1 Like

6 Likes

Low-mid 70’s for the 10 day window.

2 Likes

Too soon for this!