How is your weather? (Part 1)

Same here after 3.25" rain in the last 3 days. Still planning to plant some winter stuff under cover today, but I’m ‘no dig’ so I just dibble a little hole, plant, cover and all is good.
Besides being out of the question due to lack of strength, shovels and rototillers take the fun out of gardening for me. :relieved:

:heart:
No. There’s potential for some 10 miles away but they would not get closer.

3 Likes

Yes, we got the snow, sleet, and rain.Then thevtrmps went back upbto 50’s. Down to the 30’s tonight! Thank goodness modt ofvthe snow is gone ! Really don’t want it!

2 Likes

Clouds all day…snow coming this evening…a couple inches to an inch…looks heavier south…Iowa folks might be surprised with some fun road conditions. Stuck in the low 30Fs all day.

1 Like

got another 5 in. maybe a few more overnight. its unofficially winter.

1 Like

Oh my. According to PurpleAir, CA’s air quality is the worst in the whole world.
I hope lessons will be learned and something good comes of this so it won’t happen again. So so sad to happen here.

They will occur more frequently.

Hoping and praying for inspired solutions.

1 Like

A solid inch here…enough to cover everything a little but the grass is still showing some.

Looking ahead…to finish out November and start Dec…looks very normalish for the period. Cold in most of Europe…brrrr …

Why, please explain. How hideous for the people living there. What can be done?

went ice fishing on 4 1/2in ice today. the earliest I’ve ever been on ice. nov. has been colder than its been for a long time. we also have 13in. of snow on the ground. snowmobiles are already out and about. unheard of before thanksgiving. last year at this time the grass was still green and my evie2 strawberries were still putting out berries!

The state and county should never have permitted homes or cities to be built in a such a blatant fire zone.

Further, the changing western climate is rapidly drying other mountain areas into new high-danger zones – each of which are 100 to 500 sq. miles. I wouldn’t be surprised if in the next year or so a monster fire sweeps into South Lake Tahoe.

Wow, thanks for the answer Richard I am sure many of us Easterners and others have wondered what gives! Here we would call it building on a swamp!

1 Like

Happy global warming :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Brutal around this area. Areas just to the west and south across MN/IA were very very cold for this time of year. Subzero before T day is rare.

Nationwide… dropped to 9F here in LSe but probably due to very little snow cover.

Interesting contrast across FLorida… 40F to the north and a tropical balmy 76F in the Key West overnight. Coconut palms swaying in the tropical breezes…furnaces blasting in the panhandle.

1 Like

They also should NOT have ignored the vast tinderbox of dead trees and underbrush that existed without bulldozing huge fire breaks to at LEAST slow down the spread. They also should have REQUIRED larger exit lanes from such communities so people are not incinerated in their cars !!!
IMHO the state is grossly negligent.

1 Like

The trees aren’t dead. They are externally dryer than normal. Also, the western pines are naturally full of turpentine. :fire:

Logging companies would love to perform clear cuts. However, a one-mile wide firebreak in the path of this fire would have only paused it 3-5 minutes.

You couldn’t provide enough lanes or roads for this fire. The real problem is that homes were permitted there in the first place.

2 Likes

I see it differently, as do others, but that is OK. Hoping the predicted rain gets there by Thanksgiving.

1 Like

Keep in mind that the fire started in the Plumas Natl Forest. So any blame for condition of the forest goes to the Congress and President that defunded most NFS operations.

The design and number of roads in that area along with building permits are a function of Butte County – not the state of CA.

2 Likes

Still warm here, even for us. We’re also having lots of rain for what is supposed to be our dry season. I’m taking the opportunity to grow some things throughout the “winter” and get a veggie garden going.

Put these peppers in a (edit) 7 gallon pot today.

Unidentified mulberry potted up today.

2 Likes