How is your weather? (Part 1)

Noon gfs kicks the snow even further south. Nothing here. Missouri/central IL storm now. Lets hope. I don’t want any snow :sunny:

A balmy 30 today and maybe 5-10 degrees warmer tomorrow. Then the bottom drops out again…highs in the 20s and lows in the teens (or lower) for the ten day. Yay?

1 Like

A few rainfall stats for system moving through California

Camp (Butte county) Fire: 0.7 in. Wed, 0.2 in. Thur.

Woolsey (Calabasas area) Fire: 0.2 in. total

Vista, CA: 0.1 in. total

1 Like

12f windy. -8f windshield factor. ducks and geese won’t even come out of their coop!

1 Like

some is better than none! CA needs a break! praying for the fire victims.

-2F @ 9am. We had a low of -17.2F @ 5am.

18F this morning. Coldest thanksgiving in a century. Whatever was green so far is no more…

In northern California, a storm total of 1 inch is a lot. Likewise in southern California a storm total of 1/4 inch is a lot.

1 Like

Snow shifting back north.

That is insanely dry by my standards.

Precisely. When there are forecasts for a lot of rain here, we expect a 1/4 to 1 inch storm.

I see there was a channel of deep cold cutting through central NY from Watertown to Binghamton. I’m on the western edge of it. It got down to -4ºF here. We don’t usually see temps like that until January/February. It’s not looking good for the stone fruits. I’m starting to get concerned about tree damage, let alone fruit bud loss.

Yes, same here, we don’t see sub-zero until after December. I was holding onto hope that some of my summer budding that grew out may make it through the winter, but that seems unlikely now. Most of my nursery bed still had leaves on the trees when we got our first snow. Not unusual temps here, just much earlier than usual.

1 Like

I think you mean “wind chill factor.”

Yesterday they were planning to hit us with 5-8 "

you must be way upstate Andy? usually very similar weather to us except we usually get more snow here. been brutal for sure!

yep. darn spellcheck!

1 Like

0z midnite run is higher in snow amts, but similar track. These storms always have huge bust potential though…so hard to get too excited on big snow totals.

Southern edge of the Adirondacks, about 20 miles north of Utica, NY. We seem to catch a completely different weather pattern than Poland, NY just 5 miles away. I think your low temp for the season may exceed ours by 5-10 degrees. We’re shown as a zone 4a, but we may be closer to a 4b. Our home is quite a bit higher than the hamlet of Cold Brook, the house elevation is @ 1380ft.

1 Like

Snow looks to have shifted south some on newest run. Extended looks very dry here. Temps look avg. Be nice to get a stretch of some sunshine.

1 Like