How is your weather? (Part 1)

Hmmmmm…i won’t hold my breath but the forecast does show something shiny in the extended range… This cloudiness must die.

They said that for last week - didn’t happen

Ugh, back to the cold, cloudy and dank weather, after a nice sunny 65 degree day on Sunday. We got almost 2" of rain Fri/Sat, the ground is super squishy. I’m willing to bet that last month was one of the wettest, coldest Nov in these parts.

Some snow forecast the next 36 hours and temps not getting above 40 for the next week. A system is coming in this weekend, could be more snow, or rain depending on its track.

The weather forecasters here missed a nice glaze of freezing drizzle this morning around 5am or so that made the morning commute a bit a of challenge.

The city and county roads were very slick. The state DOT was on top of things though and the major highways were treated.

It appears the city and school district were caught flat-footed, because buses went out to pick up kids for the middle schools and high schools and they were taken to school. But they delayed for elementary schools and eventually cancelled classes. That is certainly not usual policy. The difference is that very few kids get bused to our elementary schools (have to be >2 miles from the school).

Icy roads are no fun. Just flurries here all day…nothing accumulated. Cold’ish…but seasonal i suppose. Lots of that sloppy wet rain snow that fell this weekend has turned into glacier already…lots of slippery spots to fall and break a bone.

Tomorrow the SUN may come out. We’ll see. I hope the NWS does a write up on the cloudiness this year vs past history.

1 Like

Extended up here looks really dry…nothing really popping until day 8 to 10. Lots of 30Fs/upper 30Fs in the extended so maybe we can get rid of some of this frozen slop. Tough melting anything in these short/low sunshine angle conditions…

1 Like

We are still plenty moist from all the September rains, but here comes another 5 inches…Capture

1 Like

What is this SUN thing of which you write?

2 Likes

“Ain’t no sunshine” – Jose James

1 Like

I don’t know the last time I saw the sun. Over a week for sure. Univ. of MN says September through November this year was one of the gloomiest (4th I think) on record. Lack of winter sun shine in northern areas can really lead to a lot of grumpy/depressed/drunk people.

3 Likes

The sun is out here!

1 Like

NOT here…it was out earlier but has been heavy clouds the past few hours… there is clearing to the west that should move in here…maybe we’ll get a few hours of some sun…maybe…probably not…but maybe.

Hard to tell…but the snow and clouds can be a little annoying to pick out.

Sun did make it out here but i’d consider today partly sunny if that… lots of low thin clouds rolling thru. Some melt occuring however…and my driveway is no longer a fracture waiting to happen.

A strange, bright, glowing orb appeared in the southeast sky this morning

4 Likes

Alien invasion!

2 Likes

sunny but low 20’s here.

Raining all day! Yippee!!

5 Likes

Well yesterday was cloudy almost all day…flurries…so fail there…today has started cloudy, but a few flashes of sun here and there. The extended looks dry until next Weds… temps look mildish for this time of year…20Fs/30Fs

8F this morning in the van… one of the colder mornings so far.

Unseasonably warm here yesterday. Returning to more normal upper 50’s - low 60’s going forward.

On the topic of sunshine. I traveled to Western Michigan for work this week, and the sun was indeed briefly spotted :sunglasses::sunny:

1 Like

Clouds…thick clouds all day. This forecasting is complete garbage… i

2 Likes